Thread: biker friendly accomodation

Bike
    2008 ducati 848

biker friendly accomodation

Ever stayed somewhere and had to leave your beloved outside (bike not wife) and waking and peeking through the curtains at any suspicious noise. Maybe we can hear about good experiences where the provider can supply secure area for bikes , this would help other tourers and tourists. Also Moteliers could get on board and if they want the travelling bikers business and are prepared to help , let us know where you are.
    to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid
    I do have a purpose in life , Even if it is as a warning to others

Bike
    It was on the good
    I prefer blue ones.

Might start a thread about it.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    With all the hotels, motels, and camp grounds I've stayed at ... if I asked if there was any place I could park it under cover somewhere ... they found a place. Often ... they even offer.

Don't ask ... don't get though in some cases ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Agree with FJRider. Checking in while wearing your gear usually gets a conversation going. If safe parking isn’t offered then asking usually gets something sorted. Have had folks offer to take their cars out of their own garage to put the bikes in. One hotel in Napier keeps an area right under the security lights and cameras for folks on bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Agree with FJRider. Checking in while wearing your gear usually gets a conversation going. If safe parking isn’t offered then asking usually gets something sorted. Have had folks offer to take their cars out of their own garage to put the bikes in. One hotel in Napier keeps an area right under the security lights and cameras for folks on bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heavens Rest here in Dorkland ( A wonderful B&B) did exactly that, moved their own vehicles out of their garage so we could park inside, asking is key, most owners/moteliers are brilliantly talented people under immense pressure, who will crack and give you anything if you ask.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Heavens Rest here in Dorkland ( A wonderful B&B) did exactly that, moved their own vehicles out of their garage so we could park inside, asking is key, most owners/moteliers are brilliantly talented people under immense pressure, who will crack and give you anything if you ask.
    Refer to the wife (when speaking to him ) at any place ... as "Your daughter" has been known to get good results (usually) ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Manganui Hotel let us park bikes in back bar a couple of years back, top bloke
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Thread Information