Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your first bike.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I was lucky enough to have my Dad buy me a new Yammie YZ80 for my first bike. I loved riding that thing and used to either race or practice on it just about every weekend through the year that was 1983.

Happy days.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Suzuki TS185ER.
    It was an immaculate red happy sweet innocent bike, pity it took me only 6 weeks to crush it's soul.

Funniest crash - Getting suckered along a steep, soggy, slimy pine tree infested hill by my mates.
    I was on trail tyres, fell over at low speed and crunch went the indicators on the right. Unbeknown to me the front brake lever had broken inside the rubber boot, I get bike up, it's arse facing down hill, went for said brake lever and no ones home - the bike rolls down hill hits tree with a brake light destroying crunch. In it's final act, the bike then falls over crunching the left hand indicators this time and burying it's foot peg into my poorly protected left foot completing a 30 second concerto of destruction!
    After that, I took safety gear very seriously. Also about that time shares increased in value for accessory indicator and brake lever companies.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    My first and second bikes were the same - SV650s.

I saw the first one today, nearly a year after it got squashed... I had to drop into Coleman's with the current one and Suzi the First was parked outside. So good to see someone bought her from the insurance co and fixed her up again!

Bike
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    Parents got me a Suzuki LT50 (tiny quad) when I was about 3. I promptly rode straight into a tree and then didn't get back on the thing for a few months.
    Unfortunately that was stolen when I was 5 and I didn't get onto my first 2 wheeler which was a 1997 Suzuki DS80 until I was 7. Then progressed to an RM80 and various other MX bikes.

First road bike was a 1989 ZXR250 which I just got a couple of years ago when I was 26.

Bike
    XR650R
    my first bike was a borrowed Yamaha trail65cc, it was half sized, simular to a xr80, had it for nearly 6mnths, till the owner wanted it back, my dad got it by offering to get it running for them.
    it was the first bike I got pulled over on at age 7, while booming thru a fairly packed beach of people.
    first bike I rode was a truetest mini bike some of my parents friends had when I was 5, after that I pestered the hell out of my dad to get a bike., then dad got a ag100 till I was 12, on my 13th birthday he got a dt125, which I eventually got my license on.
    my first roadbike was a gs450, which I caned the living he'll out of, wore thru the mufflers from sliding it round corners !

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    First bike was a non running Honda Sl 125 which I spent far to much apprentice money at Kingsland Honda ( now a cafe) on.
    Got my licence on it which was just a cop following you around the side streets for a bit ( I'd already had a car one for 5 years).
    Engine died and fitted an XR200 motor which was much better, when that stopped 6 months later traded the bike at Mt Eden Motorcycle Wreckers ( now a suit hire shop) for a tidy Honda 500/4 and 6 months later a Z1000J, fairly busy 18 months all that was....didn't end too well however.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    Mine was an xl175 with a”big bore” 210 kit complete with a nice noisey supertrap (remember those).It cracked its piston crown going up the ngauranga gorge on full throttle ,I fixed it and traded it on a nice reliable 1979 ts185 fuck life was simple as a teenager.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by 240 View Post
    It cracked its piston crown going up the ngauranga gorge on full throttle
    Nice, the bike cracked it's head. Like, it wasn't you wringing the guts out of it.

Classic blame-the-bike syndrome.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    1953 Ariel 350cc single - model known as "red hunter". Got it for $100 in 1968. The back brake locked up every time you used it, the clutch cable broke when I was riding it home after buying it, it was all iron (from the feel of it), weighed about a hundred tons and produced about 2 hp. It jumped out of top gear a lot too. Into neutral.

The first thing it taught me was how to fix a motorbike. But eventually I got it going and go it did for many more miles. Eventually sold it for $100 - same as it cost. No depreciation there...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Thread Information