Thread: SHINY SIDE UP - Wellington 17th February

Bike
    moped

SHINY SIDE UP - Wellington 17th February

I am organising a large "Motorcycle Racing" Promotional Stand on behalf of the "Victoria Motor Cycle Club", for the Wellington region "Shiny Side Up" event to be held on the 17th Feb at Southwards Museum Otaihanga Paraparaumu.
    Wondering if there was any interest out there from anyone around these parts to put a Race Bike on display for the day, i have about 20 at the moment but the more the better. Even if you are not a member of the "Vic Club" and you want to display your bike and be part of it you are more than welcome.

The idea is to generate some interest in the Racing scene and promote the Club and Racing as a sport, also we will have hands on information available to help people get into the sport, and what they require.

I'am still waiting on some final information to arrive, but generally you would need to be set up on the stand by 8.30am and the Event runs till 4.00pm.

I would also like to know if you are interested so i can have an idea how many bikes i have to set out for space. I have booked 22mtrs already and have 10mtrs of that under Gazebo shelter, so we may need more cover.

You can send me a PM to reply or ask any questions.
    Cheers Russell.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by rustys View Post
    I am organising a large "Motorcycle Racing" Promotional Stand on behalf of the "Victoria Motor Cycle Club", for the Wellington region "Shiny Side Up" event to be held on the 17th Feb at Southwards Museum Otaihanga Paraparaumu.
    Wondering if there was any interest out there from anyone around these parts to put a Race Bike on display for the day, i have about 20 at the moment but the more the better. Even if you are not a member of the "Vic Club" and you want to display your bike and be part of it you are more than welcome.

The idea is to generate some interest in the Racing scene and promote the Club and Racing as a sport, also we will have hands on information available to help people get into the sport, and what they require.

I'am still waiting on some final information to arrive, but generally you would need to be set up on the stand by 8.30am and the Event runs till 4.00pm.

I would also like to know if you are interested so i can have an idea how many bikes i have to set out for space. I have booked 22mtrs already and have 10mtrs of that under Gazebo shelter, so we may need more cover.

You can send me a PM to reply or ask any questions.
    Cheers Russell.
    maybe approach mnz as they have a round of the nzsbk at manfiled the month after and they had a mnz display at the auckland m'c show late last year??

Bike
    moped
    Spyda....yep contacted MNZ, they are sending some stuff down.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Did you talk to Mike and Lesiie about putting Rogan's racebike on show Russell? Or are they busy this weekend testing?
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    moped
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Did you talk to Mike and Lesiie about putting Rogan's racebike on show Russell? Or are they busy this weekend testing?
    Yes all sorted, getting jarrods new Norton and possibly the 125 if it's not sold

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Yes all sorted, getting jarrods new Norton and possibly the 125 if it's not sold
    Well done that man!

Simon
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Bandit GSF650
    Blog Entries

Cool Off topic a bit but...

Any Idea where I could get another Shiny Side Up cap from for less than the $30 they are asking. I mean seriously they did steal my moniker. Yep Ive had it for 11 years they only stole it recently.

Bike
    moped
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    Any Idea where I could get another Shiny Side Up cap from for less than the $30 they are asking. I mean seriously they did steal my moniker. Yep Ive had it for 11 years they only stole it recently.
    Did'nt know they had caps.

Bike
    suzuki
    Did'nt know they had caps.
    they've even got soap holders for your shower...

Thread Information