Thread: Thanks to Kiwi Firies!

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01

Thumbs up Thanks to Kiwi Firies!

Hey guys,

Probs a long shot but my lovely little state is currently getting stuffed and threatened by some pretty gnarly bush fires in some very remote and inaccessible wilderness areas. Everyone's a little terrified and probably around 70% of the state is blanketed under smoke and we're starting a 40 degree day with a lot of wind and forecasts of dry lightning strikes state-wide.

We've had Firies fly down from all over the country, the guys from NSW even brought with them one of their C130 Water Bombers which is an impressive bit of kit, but some of my Fire Fighting mates have mentioned that there's also a group of Firies fly over from NZ to help.

If anyone here happens to know any Firefighters who have been chucked on a plane and sent over here, can you just say thanks for us? It's looking like it could be potentially pretty grim over the next few days (At one community meeting in one of the more vulnerable areas, the term "potentially and easily catastrophic" was used) so we are so massively grateful of any help, especially people willing to come from another country!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-...eH_rtE96SUtEHc

2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Hang in there, hopefully things play out with least damage.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    yup they flew out earlier in the week, haven't heard if they are all vollies or some paid staff,
    shame im broke and more than slightly unfit or I woulda put me hand up.

don't know any of the guys that have gone over this year but did talk to a couple of the guys that went over to the California wildfires last year, knowing how hard work it is I certainly tip my hat to them, the small scrubbies we deal with are mere campfires by comparison.

keep us posted WALRUS

Thread Information