Thread: Change K8 GSX-R600 low beam headlight bulb.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

Change K8 GSX-R600 low beam headlight bulb.

I have need of replacing the low beam headlight bulb on The Vixen.

Easy enough to remove instrument panel to get to the back of the bulb holder but I am unsure of how to remove the actual bulb holder once it is exposed. The book says "remove the bulb holder" but gives no guide as to HOW to do that. Does is screw in? Does it plug in? Is it fixed with screws? Etc etc...

Any help you can give would be much appreciated. Tx.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    I have need of replacing the low beam headlight bulb on The Vixen.

Easy enough to remove instrument panel to get to the back of the bulb holder but I am unsure of how to remove the actual bulb holder once it is exposed. The book says "remove the bulb holder" but gives no guide as to HOW to do that. Does is screw in? Does it plug in? Is it fixed with screws? Etc etc...

Any help you can give would be much appreciated. Tx.
    I think low beam should be the top bulb (I may be wrong). I think you need to push in and turn it counter clockwise, there may be a tab to push in that secures it I cant remember. Then replace the bulb and repeat the process in reverse.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Thanks FJ. All good - problem solved.

In fact you just need to rotate the holder anticlockwise a 1/4 turn and it all comes out. I had to remove the windscreen to make room to get in there and scope it out. Easy enough when you know how. (And when you have enough room to see what's what.)
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Thread Information