Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You Shop delivery times

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Ordered some stuff through eBay last weekend and it was delivered to the Portland warehouse yesterday so at least some stuff is getting through just fine! Now to wait for YouShop notification......
    the last item I bought was a private deal from a guy who lived in Portland and he was prepared to deliver to the Youshop facility, but no private access is permitted. He had to courier it just a short distance. He must have told the courier the story because it was a record cheap courier price.

On the bright side, Youshop are looking after your stuff.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    the last item I bought was a private deal from a guy who lived in Portland and he was prepared to deliver to the Youshop facility, but no private access is permitted. He had to courier it just a short distance. He must have told the courier the story because it was a record cheap courier price.

On the bright side, Youshop are looking after your stuff.
    Hahaha! Not half an hour after I made the post this morning, got a message from YouShop saying it had arrived. Will still have to wait though as a purchase from another supplier hasn't arrived yet and I want them consolidated.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Hahaha! Not half an hour after I made the post this morning, got a message from YouShop saying it had arrived. Will still have to wait though as a purchase from another supplier hasn't arrived yet and I want them consolidated.
    Same happened with me. Now the wait for it to be sent...

MyUS always receipt stuff within 24 hours.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    remember this time of year portland is pretty frozen, schools cancelled and highways closed/cautioned so everything slows down --- still think youshop is shit though :P
    Weather is not an issue. Very mild winter in the Pacific North West.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Not keen on using them now.

I had ordered two parcels through one company which arrived at Youshop several days apart. Paid for them as they arrived, but they consolidated the parcels and then tried to scalp me for GST etc.

As it turned out, one order was split into three parcels (backordered), so I ended up with another two arriving at Youshop. One of those parcels arrived at my door and was the big ticket item, so I knew all NZ Post had were some oil filters, fork seals and possibly a brake light switch.

Still a never ending drama to supply invoices and bank statements to show the error to customs. Finally said I've done all I'm going to do, so if you're not satisfied, send the stuff back to the supplier in the US. To my surprise, customs had NZ Post release my packages, which they did.

Then NZ Post asked me to supply them with invoices.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Not keen on using them now.

I had ordered two parcels through one company which arrived at Youshop several days apart. Paid for them as they arrived, but they consolidated the parcels and then tried to scalp me for GST etc.

As it turned out, one order was split into three parcels (backordered), so I ended up with another two arriving at Youshop. One of those parcels arrived at my door and was the big ticket item, so I knew all NZ Post had were some oil filters, fork seals and possibly a brake light switch.

Still a never ending drama to supply invoices and bank statements to show the error to customs. Finally said I've done all I'm going to do, so if you're not satisfied, send the stuff back to the supplier in the US. To my surprise, customs had NZ Post release my packages, which they did.

Then NZ Post asked me to supply them with invoices.
    How is any of that the fault of Youshop?
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    How is any of that the fault of Youshop?
    And who owns Youshop?
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Yeah might take a little while.but time to nz is good tracking is very impressed me. I had lots parts shiped with you shop fairing pannels. Never had issue. Except bearing thing. Stacky is just parcel forwarding. You can have parcels re done into one so save cost. Just google stacky parcel forwarding.

Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I thought maybe with the standard service it would be sent from Portland faster, but it's been 2 days now.

Once things leave Portland, it's a good service. But the delays there are annoying. MyUS sometimes have a parcel on its way in 24 hours, never longer than 2 days.

Bike
    BSA A10
    I've used them frequently out of the US and England, longest wait is normally the parcel getting to them
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Sold
    Just for general interest, I bought 2 Columbia travelling shirts from different US suppliers via eBay. Total was US$86 freight free to Portland. I've just paid a consolidated shipping price of NZ$32 to have them shipped home at the slower speed of up to 9 days. The total cost comes to about 60% of what I would have paid here.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I phoned NZ Post today as the package is still in Portland 4 business days after I paid for the shipping. I was told that it won't be sent for another 2 days, but they would still meet their delivery target of 5-9 days. That should be interesting.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I phoned NZ Post today as the package is still in Portland 4 business days after I paid for the shipping. I was told that it won't be sent for another 2 days, but they would still meet their delivery target of 5-9 days. That should be interesting.
    It'll likely get to Auckland then, but if it's expensive enough to attract GST you can safely add another week to 10 days.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Finally got an email to say it's been shipped. So that makes a total of 9 business days in Portland.

I've just signed up with Planet Express who are based in California. Good reviews, some cheap shipping options. I'll see how they go, but they'd have to try hard to be worse than this effort from YouShop.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Recently bought a new jacket from a European retailer who charged me NZ$35 to ship it here. Checked the box dimensions and weight in the YouShop shipping estimation guide, they'd have charged me NZ$47 for the same job.

Can't comment on how much faster YouShop might be, but the DHL/NZPost delivery was 18 days from door-to-door. If you've had purchases from Europe, how does that compare to YouShop from Europe?

Thread Information