Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You Shop delivery times

Bike
    moped
    Bought some UK Caravan Parts recently, sent them to YouShop, got the Standard delivery tracked, delivery time was good, all round. Parts were well over the $400 mark, waited for a customs call but nothing eventuated, so all good.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    if you can, get bits off amazon, that's the go, got some EBC pads for half the price shipped and they arrived in 6 days ---- EBC stockist in NZ is dreaming! -- got two sets (as is needed..) for the price of one in NZ from all websites as they all list from the one stockist. 100% retail markup is unacceptable

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Same for the race bike, EBC-HH for the rear from Aussy.
    I ordered them on the 14th they arrived today.

Brembo race for the front much cheaper from Italy $121NZD+ $21-00NZD freight. Thats for two sets (one per side).
    Also got quoted a tinted screen at $242-00 from a manufacturer here, I can get delivered for about $85NZD from Aussy.
    And none of the above is from China or the likes.

Personally if there was 30% or more in it I'd still buy Kiwi!
    But its generally huge difference.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    The more I read about youshop the more glad I am that I use shipito.
    I get a choice of sending goods to the California warehouse or to the Oregon one, there are advantages either way.
    I can have packages consolidated and sent by UPS or DHL or FedEx, usually FedEx Economy is the cheapest.
    Once I have asked them to consolidate packages and send to me, they typically get the package sent within a day or two.
    When stuff arrives at their warehouse it seems to be entered into the system on the same day.

I've used shipito to buy some stuff that is way cheaper than buying it here, but often I use if for things that just are not sold here. Some things are too niche and then there are the cottage industries that only sell direct with no distributors anywhere. If I can buy something in NZ for a price that isn't too much more (30% dearer is acceptable) then I'll buy locally for better protection/easier warranty. The majority of my camping set up is not sold here and nor is there any similar equivalent products that I've ever seen. Many of the farkles on my bike have no NZ distributor, so I've bought from Aussie, USA or Bulgaria (Bumot Panniers & rack). When I have to pay GST I don't mind the GST but dislike the extra fees that customs charge, but generally I put up with paying what I have to because I just can't get the particular item here in NZ. According to shipito I've had 53 packages sent to me with 48 of them being consolidated packages, this is over quite a few years.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    It finally arrived today. That's 14 business days since the package was delivered to Portland..

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    It finally arrived today. That's 14 business days since the package was delivered to Portland..
    How long did it sit at customs in NZ and how long did it take to get from when customs released it to you?
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    It was delivered the day after it arrived in NZ. The delays were in the US.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

Planet Express

So far so good - Planet Express receipted the package less than an hour after it was delivered. It's something I don't need quickly, so have sent it to NZ using their budget option at $US 5. It will be interesting to see how long it takes - I suspect it's surface mail, but it can't take that long from Long Beach to Auckland by ship.

At least it hasn't sat in a warehouse for nearly 2 weeks.

It is a budget service, so you pay $2 per shipment and consolidation costs extra. But I'm never that organised, so not a problem for me. And instead of paying for each shipment, you have to top up your account. However, you can request the shipment, then top up to meet the cost as long as you deposit at least $5.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    So far so good - Planet Express receipted the package less than an hour after it was delivered. It's something I don't need quickly, so have sent it to NZ using their budget option at $US 5. It will be interesting to see how long it takes - I suspect it's surface mail, but it can't take that long from Long Beach to Auckland by ship.

At least it hasn't sat in a warehouse for nearly 2 weeks.

It is a budget service, so you pay $2 per shipment and consolidation costs extra. But I'm never that organised, so not a problem for me. And instead of paying for each shipment, you have to top up your account. However, you can request the shipment, then top up to meet the cost as long as you deposit at least $5.
    If the packages are fairly small, it's doubtful if they go by sea nowadays, just a slower form of land/air. Thanks for the tip about Planet Express, I'll bear it in mind. I have a YouShop consolidated package on its way from Portland at present. I'll post the dates, costs and intermediate stages from initial purchase when it arrives.

Bike
    Never used a shipto type service.
    But want to get one package from the USA thats $80USD ($116NZD) freight direct to NZ. Its the freight that is killing the purchase.

If I have to pay internal freight Ihio to California then Shipto costs to NZ
    Is it Worth signing up? Do you save much?

Thanks all
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    But want to get one package from the USA thats $80USD ($116NZD) freight direct to NZ. Its the freight that is killing the purchase.

Thanks all
    You have to do your own sums. Most of what I bought was freight free to any of the 48 states.

Not Youshop related, but I bought a Db killer for the Triumph from the manufacturer of the Italian exhaust system. The part was very simple, very light, and cost the equivalent of $35.00. The freight though was nearer $120. Most detailed tracking system I've ever seen - but that price.

The last item that arrived here just a couple of weeks ago was still shown as being in Auckland while the courier driver was pulling up my drive.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You have to do your own sums. Most of what I bought was freight free to any of the 48 states.
    Working out the difference there is about $20usd in it without getting it to their depot.

So just paid to freight the rear seats direct.

All good thanks for your input guys

Bike
    Yo momma

Thanks all

here ya go

https://postcalc.usps.com/
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD

Thanks all
    In general I wouldn't bother for just one package, but if there were other things you wanted and could consolidate several packages then the savings can be quite a bit of money.
    One time I wanted some components that cost around US$10, but they wanted US$40 for shipping - totally not worth paying that much. But then I signed up with shipito and got some stuff sent from Amazon and a couple of other places and I got the US$10 components too, I got 5 or 6 packages into shipito and consolidated into one package to send to NZ. When you want something cheap, but the shipping costs more than the item, the easiest way is to make it part of a package worth over US$200 which brings the relative cost of freight down.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Sold
    As promised in my previous post, here’s some delivery and cost data on my latest purchases ex-USA via YouShop. The purchases were via eBay and both suppliers were in states outside Oregon but with free delivery to the Portland warehouse.

Columbia travel shirt 1. Purchased 2nd Feb, NZ $50.91. Delivered Portland Feb 4 2019.

Columbia travel shirt 2. Purchased 2nd Feb, NZ$42.25. Delivered Portland Feb 7 2019.

Receipt of goods notified by Portland, consolidated parcel, 9-14 day delivery rate NZ $32 paid Feb 11th 2019.

Notification of shipment to NZ 20th Feb, cleared customs 25 Feb, delivered to Coromandel by rural mail 26 Feb.

I wasn’t worried about shipment speed but it was a bit slower than the normal cheaper rate.

Just for additional info, the shirts I bought are approximately NZ$90 each locally at Rebel Sport or Outside Sports so even with postage, it’s a decent saving.

Thread Information