Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: You Shop delivery times

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    As promised in my previous post, here’s some delivery and cost data on my latest purchases ex-USA via YouShop. The purchases were via eBay and both suppliers were in states outside Oregon but with free delivery to the Portland warehouse.

Columbia travel shirt 1. Purchased 2nd Feb, NZ $50.91. Delivered Portland Feb 4 2019.

Columbia travel shirt 2. Purchased 2nd Feb, NZ$42.25. Delivered Portland Feb 7 2019.

Receipt of goods notified by Portland, consolidated parcel, 9-14 day delivery rate NZ $32 paid Feb 11th 2019.

Notification of shipment to NZ 20th Feb, cleared customs 25 Feb, delivered to Coromandel by rural mail 26 Feb.

I wasn’t worried about shipment speed but it was a bit slower than the normal cheaper rate.

Just for additional info, the shirts I bought are approximately NZ$90 each locally at Rebel Sport or Outside Sports so even with postage, it’s a decent saving.
    It would seem that these sort of times are the new normal for YouShop then. Definitely slower than in the early days.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    It would seem that these sort of times are the new normal for YouShop then. Definitely slower than in the early days.
    Maybe! It wasn't long after Christmas that I received a parcel at the cheap rate in much the same time as the express rate.

I've just ordered a bunch of accessories from around the world for the Duke 790 that I pick up next week so it will be interesting to see how long they take. One of the parcels is free delivery from Hong Kong. They quote "up to a month" so we'll see how long in actuality.

I was going to order an Ermax flyscreen from France. The cost was pretty much spot on 100 Euros which was ok but the bastards wanted to charge me 70 Euros for shipping! The Italians wanted to charge me a similar amount when I bought a flyscreen for my old Street Triple but a mate in the UK got hold of one and sent it for just over 20 quid.

Bike
    XR650R
    as part of an insurance claim, I obtained a replacement exhaust system from England - a black widow full exhaust system - delivered in 5 days including customs and local delivery!, amazed me as I've had items take weeks just from USA

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Maybe! It wasn't long after Christmas that I received a parcel at the cheap rate in much the same time as the express rate.

I've just ordered a bunch of accessories from around the world for the Duke 790 that I pick up next week so it will be interesting to see how long they take. One of the parcels is free delivery from Hong Kong. They quote "up to a month" so we'll see how long in actuality.

I was going to order an Ermax flyscreen from France. The cost was pretty much spot on 100 Euros which was ok but the bastards wanted to charge me 70 Euros for shipping! The Italians wanted to charge me a similar amount when I bought a flyscreen for my old Street Triple but a mate in the UK got hold of one and sent it for just over 20 quid.
    Have you tried Carpi Moto in Italy? They take the VAT off if you're not in the EU and it usually covers the shipping costs.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary-Kiwi View Post
    as part of an insurance claim, I obtained a replacement exhaust system from England - a black widow full exhaust system - delivered in 5 days including customs and local delivery!, amazed me as I've had items take weeks just from USA
    I've found its usually cheaper and faster to have stuff sent from the UK than the USA. Even their postal service is quick.

Maybe it's because we're a former colony ...

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Have you tried Carpi Moto in Italy? They take the VAT off if you're not in the EU and it usually covers the shipping costs.
    Yeah and they're fantastic for chain/sprocket sets/combos. Last ZVM-X/sprocket combo I got for the 1290, landed for about NZ$270.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Sold
    I've found its usually cheaper and faster to have stuff sent from the UK than the USA. Even their postal service is quick.

Maybe it's because we're a former colony ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Yeah and they're fantastic for chain/sprocket sets/combos. Last ZVM-X/sprocket combo I got for the 1290, landed for about NZ$270.
    Haven't come across Carpi Moto so will investigate - thanks for that guys! Yep, the stuff I buy from the UK is normally fast and relatively inexpensive - haven't even bothered to check out YouShop's UK service. In terms of US purchases when I don't use YouShop and get it sent directly from the supplier, 5-7 days seems about par for the course and the UK isn't a whole lot different.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I've had success with Carpi Moto as well in the past.

Presently (from a different retailer) I am awaiting a package from DHL - on the tracking page it has been sitting in Frankfurt since the 20th Feb ...

Ahipping was cheap for a bulky item so I am wondering if it is one of those deliveries that wait at a holding area until the bag/box is full for the destination them it's sent. I have e-mailed the sender.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    So far so good - Planet Express receipted the package less than an hour after it was delivered. It's something I don't need quickly, so have sent it to NZ using their budget option at $US 5. It will be interesting to see how long it takes - I suspect it's surface mail, but it can't take that long from Long Beach to Auckland by ship.

At least it hasn't sat in a warehouse for nearly 2 weeks.

It is a budget service, so you pay $2 per shipment and consolidation costs extra. But I'm never that organised, so not a problem for me. And instead of paying for each shipment, you have to top up your account. However, you can request the shipment, then top up to meet the cost as long as you deposit at least $5.
    I've just checked the tracking. NZ time, it was picked up from Planet Express on 25 February and arrived in Auckland on 2 March via Dubai. So that's 7 days in transit so far, plus a 2-day pickup delay in the US. Can't complain for US$ 5!

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. Get that some make up bit on postage, where these frieght forwarding is handy.i found alot less hassle before i try email before auction ended as sometimes didint list nz as destinstion.

Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Great price that.

Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk

Bike
    XR650R
    I just got some valves sent from mid USA from j&p cycles, it was fairly pricey @$49 us but they sent them on 25th March and got them 2day 29th march, I'm still waiting for a head gasket which was sent 15th March.
    it's sitting in customs - not sure how suspect a head gasket can be, it's been there since 23rd March...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    My Jacket arrived after about 2.5 weeks. The tracking was interesting, showed quick pick-up and movement through Europe then sat in Frankfurt for two weeks on the tracking site and suddenly became recorded as delivered. Which it was.

Bike
    Sold
    I've bought a shedload of accessories for the Duke 790 over the last month, most of it through eBay from European sources. In most instances, the postage was competitive with with YouShop and took around a week to deliver. The only bit of postage which proved that extortion wasn't the sole province of the Mafia was my French Ermax flyscreen. The screen is about 31 cm long and the whole package was well under 1kg. They wanted just over NZ$100 to ship it. There was probably a way round it but you know how it is when you want something badly so I bit the bullet. It took 6 days from time of order to receipt and the quality is great so I don't feel too bad.

The real win was as per the attached photo. This is an expandable tail pack ex-Hong Kong. Its delivered price was approx NZ$60 and for that price, I didn't have particularly high expectations. However, it's beautifully made with waterproof zips, an over-cover and padded straps to convert it to a back pack. A great deal there! It took around 3 weeks to arrive by the standard economy mail that the supplier uses but I wasn't in any particular hurry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0241.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	821.3 KB 
ID:	341435  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    That's a good looking tail bag

Thread Information