Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You Shop delivery times

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

You Shop delivery times

I've always used the economy option from the US, which usually takes just over a week to Auckland. How much quicker is standard delivery?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I've always used the economy option from the US, which usually takes just over a week to Auckland. How much quicker is standard delivery?
    It's the Auckland airport to your house in Auckland that takes the most time.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Sold
    From experience, only a couple of days less. Given the price difference, I almost never bother with the faster service.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    it's one service which has gotten so much more $$ and slow that i'm reluctant to use it unless its the only option left.... a shame really

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    it's one service which has gotten so much more $$ and slow that i'm reluctant to use it unless its the only option left.... a shame really
    The Youshop service can be great, but my enthusiasm waned when they started charging a customs clearance fee.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    if they could steamline paying GST on imports so it doesnt get held up like any other package in the country it would be worth while, but it seems to suffer the exact same delays so is pretty shit!

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    From experience, only a couple of days less. Given the price difference, I almost never bother with the faster service.
    Thanks. I may not bother then. it seems to me that the delay is at the US end - they just take longer to send it. NZ Post usually deliver quickly at this end, but it can take days after a parcel arrives at Portland before I am notified that it's been received.

I've found MyUS.com to be quick, but it's expensive unless you can spread the shipping charge over 3 or 4 items.

Bike
    Sold
    Thanks. I may not bother then. it seems to me that the delay is at the US end - they just take longer to send it. NZ Post usually deliver quickly at this end, but it can take days after a parcel arrives at Portland before I am notified that it's been received.

I've found MyUS.com to be quick, but it's expensive unless you can spread the shipping charge over 3 or 4 items.
    I use YouShop a lot, particularly for casual clothing and shoes. The US suppliers often send delivery updates to me regarding their shipping to Portland and I agree with you, the biggest delays seem to be in the US warehouse. I can normally live with that by buying well in advance of need, although we always want to play with our purchases asap! I quite often accumulate several orders at the Portland end to get them shipped at the same time. Interestingly, when I get the YouShop message that the goods have cleared customs in NZ, they normally get delivered to our rural address just outside Coromandel Town the next day. The courier service up this way is really good, despite living in the wops.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The Youshop service can be great, but my enthusiasm waned when they started charging a customs clearance fee.
    Yes, those extra fees and they charged me GST on a much less than $400 (or whatever it is) item.

Cheers

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Ordered something that came from a gun shop. But was not a firearm part. You Shop threw a hissy and refused to post it to NZ.
    They offered to destroy it... Or ( at a cost) send it to a US address, or with lots of red tape have supplier send prepaid return parcel...
    Can't be bothered with them anymore
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    I had same problem with a crank bearing which had packed grease
    I had sent via stacky no problem.

Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    I had same problem with a crank bearing which had packed grease
    I had sent via stacky no problem.

Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I've had a similar experience with used bike parts. "Smelled like gas" and they didn't when I finally got them.

Stacky?

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    My parcel was delivered to YouShop in Portland at 8am Monday local time. Still not in their system.

I will only use them in future when I really don't care how long delivery takes.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    remember this time of year portland is pretty frozen, schools cancelled and highways closed/cautioned so everything slows down --- still think youshop is shit though :P

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    remember this time of year portland is pretty frozen, schools cancelled and highways closed/cautioned so everything slows down --- still think youshop is shit though :P
    Ordered some stuff through eBay last weekend and it was delivered to the Portland warehouse yesterday so at least some stuff is getting through just fine! Now to wait for YouShop notification......

Thread Information