Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gsf 250 charging problems

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Now you sound like my coworkers when we have 2 or 3 planes to turn around in an hour.

I'll give you a tip, don't fly on a Friday.

Kidding
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Old Bikes
    Obviously fix it, but the bloke uses the bike to get to work. Not everyone has the opportunity to fix stuff when the problem immediately presents.

Pulling the fuse for the time he's at work long fingers the problem until he's got a clean shot at it. Or until the parts turn up.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginge09 View Post
    Hook up the meter with the bike off and start pulling fuses. When the 0.42amp draw goes away that’s your problem circuit. Ride to work. Unplug fuse. Plug back in to ride home.
    The fuse box is down stream from the key so should not be any power there with the key off.
    The only fuse on the battery side of the key is the main fuse which is probably hiding round the starter motor relay.
    Unplug the reg/rectifier and check again with key off would be my first test.
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    Old Bikes
    Yeah, agree with that.

Hook the meter up at the battery to measure amps draw and start pulling fuses. The one before the key first.

Any current draw after that indicates a crook ignition switch for a start. Followed by whatever fuse is linked to the dodgy circuit.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginge09 View Post
    Yeah, agree with that.

Hook the meter up at the battery to measure amps draw and start pulling fuses. The one before the key first.

Any current draw after that indicates a crook ignition switch for a start. Followed by whatever fuse is linked to the dodgy circuit.
    If you pull the fuse before the key the only live wire on the bike will be the cable from the battery to the starter solinoid.
    A voltage check at the accessory fuse box with the key off should indicate if the key switch is functioning correctly
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Thread Information