Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: high flow sv1000s exhaust headers

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary-Kiwi View Post
    so the airbox snorkel mod didn't help and it was too noisey, it was making alot of really loud pulsation reverberation, so ive got him a 2nd hand replacement to get it sounding quieter for the bro.
    I found the snorkel removal mod made a fair amount of difference. but you're right about the extra noise.
    Adding all the small mods up and a Teka tune on the dyno made for a better running and slightly more powerful bike from stock.
    Mine has TRE, snorkel removal, BMC air filter, 2 brothers pipes. Overall, I'm happy with the bike apart from the crap suspension.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    Overall, I'm happy with the bike apart from the crap suspension.
    Nothing money won't fix Front fork springs to suit your weight and riding are quite cheap and if you are handy on the tools a straight forward job to replace.

Bike
    XR650R
    so after running my brothers sv1000s on the hillclimb, I made a couple of discoveries about the suspension package kss installed on it for my bro, it has the wrong springs front and rear, r/shock spring is too hard even for me, and I'm 10 kg heavier than Brett, the f/springs are so soft, it will slam down bottomed out if you grab the front brake hard, and I found the rear spring was set @min preload, and on 1st comp damp setting (softest), fork comp damping is at 3rd stiffest setting, so not much extra adjustments avail, and I had increased the fork preload abit, Brett had already mentioned how soft the f/springs were, so I think he will be talking to them about some changes to the springs

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary-Kiwi View Post
    so after running my brothers sv1000s on the hillclimb, I made a couple of discoveries about the suspension package kss installed on it for my bro, it has the wrong springs front and rear, r/shock spring is too hard even for me, and I'm 10 kg heavier than Brett, the f/springs are so soft, it will slam down bottomed out if you grab the front brake hard, and I found the rear spring was set @min preload, and on 1st comp damp setting (softest), fork comp damping is at 3rd stiffest setting, so not much extra adjustments avail, and I had increased the fork preload abit, Brett had already mentioned how soft the f/springs were, so I think he will be talking to them about some changes to the springs
    Did he tell KSS the bike was being setup for racing or street use?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    XR650R
    it's a road ridden bike, no track time, he rang them yesterday.
    it will need a softer shock spring, firmer fork springs, wth the pack rack fitted + 15 kg load it was just about right with me onboard, and I'm 12kg heavier than the bro.
    so needs approx 50lb softer spring to suit him, and allow some adjustment.
    the fork springs probably only need next stronger rating, as he is lighter, and doesn't ride it hard out, probably 6/10ths pace.

Bike
    XR650R
    a replacement shock spring is about to get fitted, plus Kss are going to adjust the hi speed damping internally to remedy the rear end, then they will assess the forks for what they need changed ? probably be after easter

Thread Information