Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Tyres for trail riding?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    23rd February 2007 - 08:47
    Bike
    Suzuki gsxr 600k7. Hayabusa K9 DRZ250 K
    Location
    CHCH
    Posts
    1,905
    Nice, I am tempted. Was it hard to fit them originally? Is it hard to change tyres?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 20:27
    Bike
    BMW XChallenge, GSXR1250fa, Tuono 1100
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    9,696
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Nice, I am tempted. Was it hard to fit them originally? Is it hard to change tyres?
    If you follow the instructions its easy. Yes changing tyres is also essy.

    I use some stans mtb sealant for extra protection.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    1st May 2011 - 12:35
    Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Location
    Blenheim.. now ChCh
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Nice, I am tempted. Was it hard to fit them originally? Is it hard to change tyres?

    it is quite easy.. but it is a learnt art..
    the first time you will wish you never attempted it..



    ..
    Pete

    90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    14th June 2007 - 22:39
    Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Location
    Pigs back.
    Posts
    4,774
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    it is quite easy.. but it is a learnt art..
    the first time you will wish you never attempted it..



    ..
    I changed a MX rear tyre about 30 years ago. If their is a tyre lever around I still refuse to get within 5 paces of it.
    Manopausal.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    22nd October 2006 - 00:29
    Bike
    SXF250
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,238
    Has anyone tried the Gibson tires ? ( sounds like GoldenTyre had a split ).

    Changing tyres is the worst.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,917
    Slicks on proper size rims is easy. Ive changed dozens.

    Knobblies is like a slice of hell. I won't do it. Take em to a mate - I do mechanical things for him. - He changes tyres for me. Got me onto Tubliss in the first place. Good chap. Probably missed his calling in life and stumbled into Acountancy instead of tyre changer.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    9th January 2006 - 12:26
    Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    4,391
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Slicks on proper size rims is easy. Ive changed dozens.

    Knobblies is like a slice of hell. I won't do it. Take em to a mate - I do mechanical things for him. - He changes tyres for me. Got me onto Tubliss in the first place. Good chap. Probably missed his calling in life and stumbled into Acountancy instead of tyre changer.
    i dont mind full size mx bike tyres,

    but 10 inch or 12 inch mini mx tyres are the devil,

  8. #23
    Join Date
    4th November 2003 - 13:00
    Bike
    BSA A10
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    12,035
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Knobblies is like a slice of hell. I won't do it.
    I have machines to do them on and still don't like doing my own let alone other peoples
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."


    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •