Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why some riders keep indicating right light while filtering?

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    With filtering I was always taught the 30/30 rule (20/20rule in the UK because of the Mph vs Km/hr). That is if the traffic is doing 30km/hr or more then you don't filter and when you are filtering that the difference in speed between you and the other vehicles should never be more than 30Km/hr. It's not set in stone but it works well for me as a guide.

Of course on the motorway both here in Wellington as well as around Auckland it is difficult to stick to that religiously as the traffic speed tends to yo-yo quite a lot. Again it's a case of it being down to your own judgement at the time.
    Hi Lee,
    Living in the wop-wops, I don't often have the need to filter but find that if I have to filter on the Southern Motorway out of Auckland, I don't filter if the traffic is constantly moving around or above 30 km/hr and my filter speed rarely has a differential of more than 20 km/hr. That's partially due to the fact that I'm not exposed to that sort of traffic on a regular basis and keeping my speed down gives more time to react in what are often pretty narrow filter channels.

Bike
    Honda vt250 spada
    There’s a video around somewhere done by the cops that basically says “don’t lane split if traffics doing more than 40”, so 30 is pretty safe.

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    They must not have self-cancelling indicators

Bike
    '74 MV Augusta I wish
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokomama View Post
    There’s a video around somewhere done by the cops that basically says “don’t lane split if traffics doing more than 40”, so 30 is pretty safe.
    Unless Ginger Gorge sees you on his Buy Em WU. Haven't seen him for a while though.

Thread Information