Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do with a CBR1000RR in Wellington?

Bike
    Honda CBR1000RR 2004

Question What to do with a CBR1000RR in Wellington?

Hey guys,

I'm South African, immigrating to NZ, hopefully Wellington.
    Considering that in NZ the average speed limit is 50km/h, most of the highways I travelled on were 70km/h, and out in the middle of nowhere on the South Island the limits were 100km/h... thats significantly less than South Africa...
    So I initially just assumed I'd sell my bike before I come to NZ, then buy a 50cc scooter.
    But now I saw on social media, someone took their bike with them in their container...

So I did a little search for superbikes on trademe, and was shocked to find loads of superbikes for sale.

So here is the big question... What on earth do you guys do with your superbikes in NZ?
    Please don't tell me you just wax them and rev them?

Do you ride these machines on public roads?
    And if so, how do you justify the discomfort of riding a superbike at 50km/h

Then secondly, are there any racetracks with trackdays in NZ (hopefully near Wellington)
    If so how much would a typical trackday cost?

Thanks

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Hey guys,

Considering that in NZ the average speed limit is 50km/h, most of the highways I travelled on were 70km/h, and out in the middle of nowhere on the South Island the limits were 100km/h... thats significantly less than South Africa...
    So I initially just assumed I'd sell my bike before I come to NZ, then buy a 50cc scooter.
    But now I saw on social media, someone took their bike with them in their container...

So I did a little search for superbikes on trademe, and was shocked to find loads of superbikes for sale.

So here is the big question... What on earth do you guys do with your superbikes in NZ?

Then secondly, are there any racetracks with trackdays in NZ (hopefully near Wellington)

Thanks
    Really??????????
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Big red vibrator
    Plenty of good riding around wgtn, manfield 2hrs away look up chris amon circuit and motott, Wairarapa less than 1 hr away,south island a 3 1/2 hr boat trip. Too many numpties on big sports bikes here already, your money would work better for you if you sold up and bought here.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Really??????????
    I think so...
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    XR650R
    yeah were backwards here mate, got awesome roads, with relatively few vehicles on them, were allowed to buy superbikes, but apparently not allowed to ride them as they were designed and developed over years of research and development - cause apparently speed kills ! .....
    so you'll have to do what some of us do , but a radar detector , ride backroads, or if you can afford - ride it on racetracks.

Bike
    motocompo
    Maybe do some research on our speed limits & come back to us.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    If this isnt a pisstake, youve been severely mis-informed.

Bike
    Ducati 748R
    Sell the cbr, buy a 4 stroke 50cc scooter and never worry about speed limits again!

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    If this isnt a pisstake, youve been severely mis-informed.
    Yeah true, you will need at least a 125 scooter.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Save some money for the man with the red flag walking ahead of your iron horse.

Bike
    suzuki

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    We have speed limits?

Superbike, supercar pop down ya money and off ya go.

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    There's a race track near Wellington, it's call the Wairarapa

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    enjoy sweet pieces of road like this one (https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@-39.2.../data=!3m1!1e3)

Bike
    XR650R
    I remember a awesome little "track" in wellington, a mate of mine introduced me to the thrill of a velodrome track up on mt victoria, we snuck in when no one around, hooned around chasing each other, he had a titan 500 Suzuki, I had a gs450
    you could easily put your head on the grass at each end due to the angle track, plus the slide that eventuated as it became a near level straight, excellent fun, one day while we were fanging around, some riders (cyclists) arrived and were watching us .

Thread Information