Thread: 2008 KTM530EXC vs KTM530EXC-R

Bike
    KTM530EXC

2008 KTM530EXC vs KTM530EXC-R

I recently bought a 2008 KTM530EXC as a project bike. I am currently ordering a few parts, including a top-end rebuild kit. Can anyone tell me if the KTM530EXC-R has the same kit. I did a search and some seem to think it is basically the same bike. I just don't want the hassle of ordering the wrong kit from Australia. I click on KTM530EXC and a kit for KTM530EXC-R appears...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ktm1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	858.5 KB 
ID:	340843  
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    Big red vibrator
    2008 530's differ from 09 onwards in rods and crank bearings and seals, subtle changes to cases but I dont know if the exc differs from the exc-r (which i have), having said that i'm sure ive got some brand new titanium valves that did not fit my bike when i freshened up the head a few years aco. I ordered off ebay thinking they were right.
    If youre interested i can dig them out.

Bike
    Big red vibrator
    also, motoxparts and bits for bikes are nz sites that can supply piston kits and gasket sets for competitive prices, my 530 has over 800hrs and ive used only wossner pistons from motoxparts (4 i think).

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    It's the same bike.

The 'R' was what they called the four stroke back in like '03-'04 to differentiate between the two stroke 'EXC' models. So you had the 250 EXC two stroke and the 250EXC-R four stroke.

So unless they made a 530 two stroke then you should be okay.

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Thanks for the replies - did a bit more searching. Thus far - it seems to be pretty much the same bike.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Today I picked up a 2009 rego'd frame on hold, plus various other parts. I shall transfer everything over and get it on the gravel road.

Bike
    KTM530EXC

Road legal !

Got it road legal and riding it about. ACE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KTM530-4.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	343523  

Thread Information