Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another F'ing Speeding Ticket.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

Another F'ing Speeding Ticket.

Ok I give up. I got another ticket. First one on the bike in many years ( maybe - 45 years? ). Some fucking camera I didn't even see. As usual.

What pisses me off over this one is that it was on a ride that I take real easy. Lots of traffic, narrow road, etc yadda yadda. I rarely go there any more. But I decided the road itself is so good I just had to give it a whirl. One Tuesday, late morning. And there ya go. $80 voluntary tax. Coulda bought some decent malt for that...Last ride I thought I would be at risk of speeding on.

I thought I was doing well but the radar said 113km in 100k zone. Maybe because I rarely check which gear I am in and use engine pitch to monitor speed a lot which is all fine if you know which gear you are in. One gear up is 10kph faster than ya think.

Mind you, I passed a cop car today in an intersection that was totalled in the front - obviously ran into something at high speed... The flashing lights still worked though.

OK rant over -
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Sold
    When I am Prime Minister speeders will be issued with Lotto tickets - people (electors) will know me by my golden hair.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Ok I give up. I got another ticket. First one on the bike in many years ( maybe - 45 years? ). Some fucking camera I didn't even see. As usual.

What pisses me off over this one is that it was on a ride that I take real easy. Lots of traffic, narrow road, etc yadda yadda. I rarely go there any more. But I decided the road itself is so good I just had to give it a whirl. One Tuesday, late morning. And there ya go. $80 voluntary tax. Coulda bought some decent malt for that...Last ride I thought I would be at risk of speeding on.

I thought I was doing well but the radar said 113km in 100k zone. Maybe because I rarely check which gear I am in and use engine pitch to monitor speed a lot which is all fine if you know which gear you are in. One gear up is 10kph faster than ya think.

Mind you, I passed a cop car today in an intersection that was totalled in the front - obviously ran into something at high speed... The flashing lights still worked though.

OK rant over -
    Why NZ persists with not having signs for speed cameras is beyond me. Does nothing for safety and just pisses people off.

Where was the camera? The new fixed cameras are in some weird places.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... Maybe because I rarely check which gear I am in and use engine pitch to monitor speed a lot which is all fine if you know which gear you are in. One gear up is 10kph faster than ya think.
    Maybe you check your speed with your speedometer. That is was it was designed to do ...

Maybe it's your hearing that needs adjustment ... it's obviously not working as you expect it should. Age does that to a person ...

And ... SaferRides ...If everybody slowed down ... it would be in the interest of everybody's safety ... Start living up to your name ...

If two vehicles are travelling at 113 km/hr and collide ... impact speed is 226 km/hr. What possible harm could that do ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

My Ducati has a readout that tells you what speed you are doing ..........

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    If the 2 vehicles were doing 100kmh they would be perfectly safe. No harm would occur.

If they didn't collide it wouldn't matter how fast they were going. If a little effort was put into anything that helped avoid the collision in the first place I "might" start believing speed cameras were part of a road safety programme.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    If two vehicles are travelling at 113 km/hr and collide ... impact speed is 226 km/hr. What possible harm could that do ... ??? [/QUOTE]

Yeah,a 200kmh impact speed is much safer, get with the progamme!
    I hear knitting circles can be fun
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    My Ducati has a readout that tells you what speed you are doing ..........
    Handy i guess,no doubt in time technology will evolve to the point it can remind you of how many lattes you had at the last stop.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Ducati 748R
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Maybe you check your speed with your speedometer. That is was it was designed to do ...

Maybe it's your hearing that needs adjustment ... it's obviously not working as you expect it should. Age does that to a person ...

And ... SaferRides ...If everybody slowed down ... it would be in the interest of everybody's safety ... Start living up to your name ...

If two vehicles are travelling at 113 km/hr and collide ... impact speed is 226 km/hr. What possible harm could that do ... ???
    why does everything you say seem negitive? he was having a rant let him rant.

you are quick to criticize.

Bike
    Yo momma

If two vehicles are travelling at 113 km/hr and collide ... impact speed is 226 km/hr.
    That's not true. Look it up.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Good point. If both vehicles are equal mass it would be like driving into a solid object, not one moving the other way.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    That's not true. Look it up.
    Correct.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by layton View Post
    why does everything you say seem negitive? he was having a rant let him rant.

you are quick to criticize.
    As were you to me ... Harden up petal and follow your own advice ...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    :

And ... SaferRides .:

Closing speed makes no difference to impact. The difference comes from mass and speed differential between the two objects.

Two bikes the same colliding at the same speed results in the same force on each as one bike hitting a stationary object.

Anyhoo. Back to the topic.
    I like that the OP says 'voluntary tax'. Because the rider chose to flaunt the law, and this consequence is a direct result.

There's a speed limit. Look up the definition of 'limit'.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Good point. If both vehicles are equal mass it would be like driving into a solid object, not one moving the other way.
    If one vehicle was a 40 tonne truck (or a large SUV) travelling at 90/100 km/hr ... the other a motorcycle ... do you think both vehicles would just stop at the point of impact ... ???

Even the average car will have 3 or 4 times the mass of the average motorcycle. Aside from the likely-hood of the rider implanting himself in the car windscreen ... the final outcome of the rider is not something to look forward to.

Thread Information