Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is The Sky MotoGP Alternative

Bike
    1969 Honda S90

What Is The Sky MotoGP Alternative

I dumped Sky Sport at the end of last years MotoGP-With this years on the horizon,what are the alternatives?I am looking for a service that can access via computer then Chromcast it to my TV-While live is ok for the events that are close to home,I need a service that I can view later as I need my beauty sleep,tried watching midnight broadcasts before and missed nearly all of it.
    So whats recommended fellas?-Thanks in advance.

Bike
    77 XL250
    There is the MotoGp subscription for around 125 Euro - or the parrot and eyepatch route.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    MotoGP Fanpass is great. 50c a day. On a good TV, picture quality is better than Sky. Lots of other content also.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The MotoGP subscription is good. You can watch the races anytime plus there's lots of races from earlier years, the "After the Flag" series, and various interviews etc. There is currently a "special" advertised which translates to NZ$208 and change, which is more than I remember it being, but that equates to a couple of months Sky sub so you're still ten months ahead.

There's also the MotoE series at some tracks this year, and I don't know if Sky will be on to that.

The only drawback I can recall is that the sub expires after the last race. Very shortly thereafter, so don't waste any time getting to that one.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Most of my mates just have the MotoGP subscription.

Also, a few watch it live on Cric and some just torrent it in 1080p, no streaming woes etc etc the next day

2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Yo momma
    I simply turn my TV on and there it is.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I'm a motogp subscriber. It's a truck load of racing and racing history for the money. Watch the races, practice and qualifying at your leisure.

My only caveat is that despite being on fibre with a pretty hefty download speed the coverage often buffers and pixilates. No idea why.

Same applies if it's wifi through the telly, Firefox browser on a panasonic or if we connect a lap top via HDMI.

Rips my nightie no end.

Any thoughts from KB aficionados?

Sorry for the tangent BK, but being almost neighbourly you may end up with the same issue after splashing some cash.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I'm a motogp subscriber. It's a truck load of racing and racing history for the money. Watch the races, practice and qualifying at your leisure.

My only caveat is that despite being on fibre with a pretty hefty download speed the coverage often buffers and pixilates. No idea why.

Same applies if it's wifi through the telly, Firefox browser on a panasonic or if we connect a lap top via HDMI.

Rips my nightie no end.

Any thoughts from KB aficionados?

Sorry for the tangent BK, but being almost neighbourly you may end up with the same issue after splashing some cash.
    also a subscriber, we are only on VDSL and found the best way to watch it is by screen mirroring from my phone, our Samsung tv doesn't support the MotoGP video and we tried HDMI, and chromecast and through frustration I tried the phone and whadda ya know it works a treat, tho I do drop the quality down to make it stream better

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    also a subscriber, we are only on VDSL and found the best way to watch it is by screen mirroring from my phone, our Samsung tv doesn't support the MotoGP video and we tried HDMI, and chromecast and through frustration I tried the phone and whadda ya know it works a treat, tho I do drop the quality down to make it stream better
    Whoda thunk it?

Gonna be watching Assen 2018 again, will see if the telly browser has updated, if the lappies have improved... If not I will try the phones, thank you.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    If you're going to watch it over wi-fi, you need a decent router, not the crap Huawei that Spark give you. I found the best streaming performance was an iPad through Apple TV. Everything else would drop a frame occasionally.

Haven't tried Chromecast though.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    If you're going to watch it over wi-fi, you need a decent router, not the crap Huawei that Spark give you. I found the best streaming performance was an iPad through Apple TV. Everything else would drop a frame occasionally.

Haven't tried Chromecast though.
    I chromecast mine (well me and my son we share subscription) but my TV is plugged Directly into my router so the phone is only telling it where to go.
    Works fine - tho the TV is not 4k just 1080P max and we are on ASDL.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Thanks for the input folks-I am not on fibre,signal comes down copper wire into "fast" broadband via Vodafone-When watching Netflix via wifi modem,Samsung pad and Chromecast,all is fine until neighbours want to use the copper wire-I then get huge delays in start up and lots of buffering.Sky Sport will give me no hassles and at $30 a month,with ability to record and watch all other sport,I may as well stick with them judging by the prices you have quoted.Thanks again.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Thanks for the input folks-I am not on fibre,signal comes down copper wire into "fast" broadband via Vodafone-When watching Netflix via wifi modem,Samsung pad and Chromecast,all is fine until neighbours want to use the copper wire-I then get huge delays in start up and lots of buffering.Sky Sport will give me no hassles and at $30 a month,with ability to record and watch all other sport,I may as well stick with them judging by the prices you have quoted.Thanks again.
    Are Sky screening it this year? They didn't start until quite a way into the season last year if I recall correctly. The MotoGP sub is really the best.

Cheers

Bike
    R100GSPD
    you can watch through motogp.com 1 race at a time if you ar willing to gamble sky will eventually take the coverage.I think its a deliberate ploy by sky to get a lower price

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Sky showed the whole series of races last season Cozmic

Thread Information