Thread: curvento leathers- any good ?

Bike
    XR650R

curvento leathers- any good ?

I rang them , they said $485 for made to my measurements, seems to know what he's talking about, said 2-3 weeks turnaround, that's for two peice suit, another $100 for premium leather., anyone had there gear ?

Bike
    moped
    Went to track them down here in Kapiti, the address lead me to a multi storey appartment block, there was no information of how to find them on the Information board, and know one new of them, so trail ended there. I think they have an address in Wellington somewhere. I would do some checking first, and also have a good look at the product. Go and get some quality RST leathers can't go wrong mate.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Getting a look at the product may be an unlikely proposition, it is likely manufactured off shore to order. When I checked DuckDuckGo KiwiBiker came to the rescue.

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...o-leather-gear
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    XR650R
    so after checking trade me feedback and the positive comments from here, I've decided to order a set of 2 peice leathers from curvento, I've gone for there premium grade leather, which they inform me is covered if it gets ripped from doing it's job, so they do have faith in there product and are prepared to back that up, they say it will be delivered to me by March 18th, and they will fit me properly !

Bike
    XR650R
    well I've had some troubles with the curvento leathers, I received them around about on the date suggested, I tried them on , sleeves on jacket too large around wrists.
    but the pants were way too tight, I could only get them on by removing the impact padding.
    I rang them , he quickly agreed they weren't the size id ordered
    he got me to remeasure and he reordered them , on a priority basis, I took the jacket to his tailor prior to the hillclimb, and the sleeves were quickly resized .
    when the 2nd set of pants arrived, they were also tight, not as badly, I had no option to wear them at the hillclimb , while on a run at the hillclimb , the zip that connects two halves failed.
    I was forced to yank the zip slider off to be able to take the jacket off, so I've just sent the suit to the tailor to get that remedied, hopefully after that I can actually get some use out of them, they need more use to stretch fit me.
    so while I'm disappointed with the hassles, they have stood by their product and are rectifying the faults.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    I got some of these a few years back. The sizing was perfect. The only issue I had was with the quality of the zips.
    “PHEW.....JUST MADE IT............................. UP"

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    In my experience decent leather gear will not 'stretch' a lot.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary-Kiwi View Post
    , the zip that connects two halves failed.
    and you're surprised by that given the price you paid for them?

Thread Information