Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2019

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    have the Ducatis been knocked back a few hundred rpm?.There must be a few people in the motogp paddock surely who rue not picking up Bautista.
    I haven't read that it has happened but it was due to come up for consideration. There was discussion among the pundits though and the thought seemed to be that while Bautista is very quick the others are back in the field, so penalising the bike seemed premature.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    If consideration is to be given to handicapping the Ducati this weekend Davies' timing might have been better?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Leg 2. So same again, Bautista romps away, Rea paces himself ready to fight for 2nd place.

Maybe the oposition need to bring out Homol specials like the Duc ???

At least we don't have the handicap races like last year I suppose ? (win the first leg and put 9th on grid for the 2nd.).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    R100GSPD
    good race three,with Lowes Davies Rea and Haslam mixing it up just about the whole race .Bautista was there too,but i wont give the whole sshow away.Chaz is looking very good now,i predict there will be some Ducati 1-2s coming up.Will Honda be the first to homolagate an insane v4?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Shakey Byrne (6 X BSB champ) made a couple of interesting points about the Duc. Like us he comments that it's still really only one Ducati out front. He also says that the margin Bautista is winning by is greater than any performace advantage the Ducati has. I guess that means he really rates Bautista. Hard not to on his current form.

Was sorry to read Ana Carasco hit the deck. Will watch the races after the news.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Shakey Byrne (6 X BSB champ) made a couple of interesting points about the Duc. Like us he comments that it's still really only one Ducati out front. He also says that the margin Bautista is winning by is greater than any performace advantage the Ducati has. I guess that means he really rates Bautista. Hard not to on his current form.

Was sorry to read Ana Carasco hit the deck. Will watch the races after the news.
    There was a ploy by Ducati in the 90's of only gradually increasing the CC and performance of the 851,888,916,955,998 so to not to loose to much of the weight and cc advantages they originally had.
    Considering how many times the 750 fours actually won, it sure was a well played out strategy.
    Anyone who remembers seeing Raymond Roche let loose the 888 at Mansfield before it disemboweled itself (in front of F5 dave), can attest it was a shit load faster than any of the fours.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Nowt any more

Yes, very much. Especially after she set a new lap record and was fastest by some distance.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    good race three,with Lowes Davies Rea and Haslam mixing it up just about the whole race .Bautista was there too,but i wont give the whole sshow away.Chaz is looking very good now,i predict there will be some Ducati 1-2s coming up.Will Honda be the first to homolagate an insane v4?
    Not sure they need too. But been waiting years for the v4.
    Not sure make much sence though. Market small for these pocket rockets. And they just take away promo from the blade.
    Which is crap as race bike.

Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Rev limit change for Dukes and Honda

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/9173...anded-increase

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Will Honda be the first to homolagate an insane v4?
    Not sure about "insane" but it would seem Ducati already did.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Honda have a platform of sorts in the VFR. They're the most likely of the Japanese brands to do it from a cost point of view.

Are Blades so widely admired as road bikes that they couldn't be canned? Doubt it, bland bits of shit from my experience.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Considering Honda's history making awesome V4 engines I'm keen to see if they can bring something to market, got to have the demand as mentioned above so unless they shit can the CBR I can't see the money going into developing it.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Honda have a platform of sorts in the VFR. They're the most likely of the Japanese brands to do it from a cost point of view.

Are Blades so widely admired as road bikes that they couldn't be canned? Doubt it, bland bits of shit from my experience.
    Way back somebody at Honda had a thing about V4s but the VFR, although it can claim some Superbike genes, it couldn't be made competitive now. It's already as big as it can get in its current form, if they try and enlarge the bore they'll strike water.
    Which is why it's 782cc which isn't exactly a round number.

Anybody who thinks a 'Blade is bland has *very* high standards. What the Hell do you ride, a Y2K?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Anybody who thinks a 'Blade is bland has *very* high standards. What the Hell do you ride, a Y2K?
    I ride a whale by comparison. But ride any other thou, then ride any blade ya can find. They're dull.

Bike
    2012 Fireblade
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I ride a whale by comparison. But ride any other thou, then ride any blade ya can find. They're dull.
    Yea - I often think "Gee - this is dull" when i park my blade up and wait for my mates to catch up on their ZX10's and GSXR

Sent from my SOV32 using Tapatalk

Thread Information