Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2019

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Copied what I thought was race 2 but got a race that Davies won ???????? and he didn't win race two going by the results?/
    Never mind the SSP was a pretty good scrap.
    At least Sky are giving us a few replays on Ch55 now ,just in case we miss one.

Johnny Rea in the driver seat at the mo,his to lose ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Copied what I thought was race 2 but got a race that Davies won ????????
    Johnny Rea in the driver seat at the mo, his to lose ?
    Ummm Davies didn't win one but he almost took Bautista out sending the latter to the back of the field in race 1. AB rode a damage limitation race finishing fourth. Rea won. Davies and Bautista are not BFFs right now.

In The Superpole race Rea won again, and again Bautista was in damage limitation mode. He was sixth on the grid but got bullied back to ninth (being careful perhaps?). From there he worked his way up to second behind Rea.

Race 2 Bautista 1st Rea 2nd.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Copied what I thought was race 2 but got a race that Davies won ????????
    Johnny Rea in the driver seat at the mo, his to lose ?
    Ummm Davies didn't win one but he almost took Bautista out sending the latter to the back of the field in race 1. AB rode a damage limitation race finishing fourth. Rea won. Davies and Bautista are not BFFs right now.*

In The Superpole race Rea won again, and again Bautista was in damage limitation mode. He was sixth on the grid but got bullied back to ninth (being careful perhaps?). From there he worked his way up to second behind Rea.

Race 2 Bautista 1st Rea 2nd.

* http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2019...201%20conflict
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ES XTZ
    So its official Alvaro is heading to Honda , wonder if Honda are going to bring a totally new bike for next year ?

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/9300...bike-team-2020

Bike
    77 XL250
    Honda have said there is an all-new bike on the way. They kept saying that to a certain J Rea in times past. I hope they deliver this time.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Honda have said there is an all-new bike on the way. They kept saying that to a certain J Rea in times past. I hope they deliver this time.
    Yeah this has caused a small flurry of comments by pundits overnight. Not by way of celebration, more of hope. Whether that's a triumph of hope over experience we'll find out next year. Bautista will have his fingers crossed.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Maggy Cors this weekend, get the beerzy's in .

Bike
    R100GSPD
    bautista and rea crash in fp1(i think it was fp1)

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Great stuff in the first race, Havn't seen that sort of scrapping for a while.

Got this old fella's ticker pumpin anyway.

ps watched a bit of qual cos I read somewhere young Stroud was over there,but it appeared he didn't do too well in the ssp300?
    anyone know any more?

Bike
    Nowt any more
    You can see the results on the WorldSBK website. Looks like he went quicker in every session (weather adjusted), and was within the qual time in every session, but came last (other than the crashers) in the Last Chance Race, so it looks like he is not on the starting grid for the race.
    Bloody good stuff though, really!
    Finished every session, went faster every session and didn't scratch the bike (so it seems anyway).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    You can see the results on the WorldSBK website. Looks like he went quicker in every session (weather adjusted), and was within the qual time in every session, but came last (other than the crashers) in the Last Chance Race, so it looks like he is not on the starting grid for the race.
    Bloody good stuff though, really!
    Finished every session, went faster every session and didn't scratch the bike (so it seems anyway).
    Yeah, a bloody good effort really that the end result doesn't show. Watching some of his Facebook stuff: Wet most of the weekend, another new circuit, only dry ride was on a set up thta was for the usual rider that didn't work for him. Jacob did jump off on Sat in the wet at T3. But little damage or issue.

Never mind this is probably one of the hardest classes in the world to ride in...week in week out, everyone is on or over the limit with 50+ riders trying to qualify via 15/15/6 slots.

One of his team mates is Tom Bramich who I've got to know a little from racing with him in Aussie (I use the term race with - we both started the same races!!). Tom was 2018 ASBK 300SS champion and class on a bike. When he joined the series at the beginning of the year, he was at a similar level to jacob in terms of results. Unfortunately Tom had quite a big one on Sat and broke his arm and is out for the last round.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Yeah, a bloody good effort really that the end result doesn't show. Watching some of his Facebook stuff: Wet most of the weekend, another new circuit, only dry ride was on a set up thta was for the usual rider that didn't work for him. Jacob did jump off on Sat in the wet at T3. But little damage or issue.

Never mind this is probably one of the hardest classes in the world to ride in...week in week out, everyone is on or over the limit with 50+ riders trying to qualify via 15/15/6 slots.

One of his team mates is Tom Bramich who I've got to know a little from racing with him in Aussie (I use the term race with - we both started the same races!!). Tom was 2018 ASBK 300SS champion and class on a bike. When he joined the series at the beginning of the year, he was at a similar level to jacob in terms of results. Unfortunately Tom had quite a big one on Sat and broke his arm and is out for the last round.
    cheers malcy/Steve, seems a hectic class, shades of olden day 410cc class here . Young guys so brave.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post

Ah, I must not be FB connected. Was looking but not seeing.
    So that is how the qualy is done. I was trying to work that out, not following WSBK all that closely.
    Yeah, pretty much a bloody good effort by Jacob.
    Shame for Tom.

On a similar note, all best wishes going out to our local boy wildcarding in MotoGP Moto3 at Philip Island, Rouges Racing (and to Yanni too of course).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Ah, I must not be FB connected. Was looking but not seeing.
    So that is how the qualy is done. I was trying to work that out, not following WSBK all that closely.
    Yeah, pretty much a bloody good effort by Jacob.
    Shame for Tom.

On a similar note, all best wishes going out to our local boy wildcarding in MotoGP Moto3 at Philip Island, Rouges Racing (and to Yanni too of course).
    Not the only kiwi's riding....There's some old bastard with the Kiwibiker handle of Malcy25 who should know better. I dropped my little blue R3 at the shippers on Friday to go and have a play at that event in the 300 Supersport Support class. I Love the circuit and timing worked for me

It's roughly the same cost for me to go to Aussie for MotoGP weekend as it is to do the two SI nationals and I get to watch the GPs....(World Championship, not the NZ ones!)

The funny co-incidence is that it's the bike that Yamaha built for Rogan in 2017.

Bike
    cheers malcy/Steve, seems a hectic class, shades of olden day 410cc class here . Young guys so brave.
    I have WorldSBK access to watch the 300 Q's and races, not for the SBK class....55 riders trying to qualify. Depth of talent is massive, especially as Spain and Italy have super strong domestic series.

Thread Information