Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gsf250 carb issue after cleaning

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 gsf 250 vz-v View Post
    Got home from work today and tried to get going still rough at first sprayed brake cleaner over while idling high as and would straight away kill it so took everything off again and had a real good go at tightening tubes up did it as best i could withought stripping the screws and fired it up and went for a little ride actually wanted to move at low throttle now still not running great but definitely better than yesterday so i think i found the issue and im hopeful i can fix it with some new hose clamps👍 Cheers guys will let you know how it turns out on the weekend
    Get some rubber grease and check the inlets and rubbers for cracks, when you have them off i see no reason for new clamps?
    You can temp repair clacked inlets with Silicon but it will not last
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2000 gsf 250 vz-v
    I didnt see any cracks but will check again👍

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Just saw this. That is a huge jump in jet size. How has it all ended up?

FYI - tipping in more fuel will not make more power, unless it is actually running lean before. Even then you need to achieve the correct fuel ratio to make power. Carbs on those 4 cylinder bikes cause motorcycle mechanics to have nightmares which is why they sometimes won't touch them. A newer bike shouldn't be a problem.
    The isse sounded like not enough fuel, or lean due to a leak. Stock is best I would suggest. It's a long slippery slope if you start playing with things.

Thread Information