Thread: Mikuni TM28

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi

Mikuni TM28

Anyone had any experience with these? Any alternatives?
    It'll be on a GN, I'm sick to death of the shit BS34SS on it.

I'm currently weighing up the TM28 and VM series Mikuni, I need a carb designed to sit on a horizontal plane, not on an angle (that'd make for some fun problems)

I'm doing this because I can, and the BS34 is shaaaaaagggged and I refuse to pay $100 for a second hand unit that'll just shag out anyway, or be pre-shagged.

That's a lot of shagging, help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    17' DRZ400SM

Tm28

Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post

I'm currently weighing up the TM28 and VM series Mikuni, I need a carb designed to sit on a horizontal plane, not on an angle (that'd make for some fun problems)

I'm doing this because I can, and the BS34 is shaaaaaagggged and I refuse to pay $100 for a second hand unit that'll just shag out anyway, or be pre-shagged.

Hi,

I have had a bit of experiance with the TM28 as that is the carb fitted to my DRZ250. I have fitted a DYNOJET kit and new piolet jet. The DYNOJET kit supples a new needle and jets for selection. It seems parts are reasonable easy to get hold of DYNOJET kit from AMPS and new piolet jet from Suzuki dealer.

dynojet info here: http://www.dynojet.com/jetkits/motorcycle/suzuki.aspx

I have compared the same bike fitted with a CV carb and noticed the TM28 is way more responcive down low.

Cheers

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by roleyrev View Post
    Hi,

I have had a bit of experiance with the TM28 as that is the carb fitted to my DRZ250. I have fitted a DYNOJET kit and new piolet jet. The DYNOJET kit supples a new needle and jets for selection. It seems parts are reasonable easy to get hold of DYNOJET kit from AMPS and new piolet jet from Suzuki dealer.

dynojet info here: http://www.dynojet.com/jetkits/motorcycle/suzuki.aspx

I have compared the same bike fitted with a CV carb and noticed the TM28 is way more responcive down low.

Cheers
    Is there any difference in top end on it? Being a GN it spends most of its time up around 6-8000rpm
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    make your own carb out of coke cans or something. isnt that what harley davidson did? (does)

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    make your own carb out of coke cans or something. isnt that what harley davidson did? (does)
    This is a good plan!

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one

Ive just bought a 1985 DR250. did some hunting as you do with a new toy to look at parts availability etc.
    head gaskets were the same DR250 - GN 250
    carbs might be too?
    what else would fit that you can use when modding?

do a search for a DR250 carb and see if you get different results

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    Ive just bought a 1985 DR250. did some hunting as you do with a new toy to look at parts availability etc.
    head gaskets were the same DR250 - GN 250
    carbs might be too?
    what else would fit that you can use when modding?

do a search for a DR250 carb and see if you get different results
    I'm not too sure, there's not a huge amount of info for the carbs on either but I suspect the DR is running a Mikuni VM30.
    Headgasket and the whole bottom end is the same, I think they may have a different cam profile?
    You can do a 300cc big bore kit for around $200nz, of a new barrel piston std size for $140nz, full gasket kits are everywhere and bloody cheap.
    Can I have your carb and manifold rubber please, I'll send you a mint BS34SS, only leaks when you put petrol in it?

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    I'm not too sure, there's not a huge amount of info for the carbs on either but I suspect the DR is running a Mikuni VM30.
    Headgasket and the whole bottom end is the same, I think they may have a different cam profile?
    You can do a 300cc big bore kit for around $200nz, of a new barrel piston std size for $140nz, full gasket kits are everywhere and bloody cheap.
    Can I have your carb and manifold rubber please, I'll send you a mint BS34SS, only leaks when you put petrol in it?
    it comes with spare parts, if theres a spare carb, you can have it if you do a wheelie on the GN and put it on youtube.
    yeah there isnt a whole ot of info out there, but surely with that much similarity, you could get the DR carb to work?

as for the big bore kits, got links? are they larger bore kits or just stroked?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    it comes with spare parts, if theres a spare carb, you can have it if you do a wheelie on the GN and put it on youtube.
    yeah there isnt a whole ot of info out there, but surely with that much similarity, you could get the DR carb to work?

as for the big bore kits, got links? are they larger bore kits or just stroked?
    I'm not doing wheelies on Geoff, that's below me (I'm slightly put off them at the moment, understandably)
    I can make a DR carb work. It wouldn't surprise me if the normal DR had the Mikuni BS34 I need, but AFAIK the DR250S had a VM series one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GN300-GN25...item20c4b659bf
    Gotta love it. It's a bore kit, not stroke.
    I was thinking about getting one, but...it's a GN and I'd rather spend the $$ at the moment on bling for the 600 (hence me being a tight fuck and not paying $100 for a carb from Buckets'n'bits)

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    17' DRZ400SM
    I'm not doing wheelies on Geoff, that's below me (I'm slightly put off them at the moment, understandably)
    I can make a DR carb work. It wouldn't surprise me if the normal DR had the Mikuni BS34 I need, but AFAIK the DR250S had a VM series one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GN300-GN25...item20c4b659bf
    Gotta love it. It's a bore kit, not stroke.
    I was thinking about getting one, but...it's a GN and I'd rather spend the $$ at the moment on bling for the 600 (hence me being a tight fuck and not paying $100 for a carb from Buckets'n'bits)

HI again,

My bike is an 05 DRZ250, carb works well at 8000 RPM, Dynojet kit fitted due to breathing mods / de-restriction.

check out aution http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-443035173.htm

looks likt the TM28 off this is still available

Cheers

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by roleyrev View Post
    HI again,

My bike is an 05 DRZ250, carb works well at 8000 RPM, Dynojet kit fitted due to breathing mods / de-restriction.

check out aution http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-443035173.htm

looks likt the TM28 off this is still available

Cheers
    Excellent thanks mate, I can pick up a new TM28 for just a little bit more than that, so if I need to go with the TM I think I'll go new

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Suzuki

1986 DR200G Carb

Excellent thanks mate, I can pick up a new TM28 for just a little bit more than that, so if I need to go with the TM I think I'll go new
    Hi.

It's been awhile since you posted. Did you end up buying a TM28-1 Carb. I'm looking to replace the VM28SS Carb on my 1986 DR200.
    Seems the TM28-1 Flat Slide Pumper Carb is exactly the same, is the correct?
    If so, I can only see them available in the UK and Europe.
    Can't get used DR200 (86-88) Carbs from the Wreckers.
    Another option is someone told me the DRZ250 (2000-2005) carbs are compatible with the DR200 (1985-88)
    I'm looking into that to confirm it.
    Hope you can help.

Cheers.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Nah it turns out a DR600 motor was a better option that a TM28

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    1987 dr200

TM28 on a 87 DR200

How did you go with the TM28? I have a 87 DR200 and it came with a 2 stroke carb. Looking for something that will work on my bike.Appreciate your help..

It's been awhile since you posted. Did you end up buying a TM28-1 Carb. I'm looking to replace the VM28SS Carb on my 1986 DR200.
    Seems the TM28-1 Flat Slide Pumper Carb is exactly the same, is the correct?
    If so, I can only see them available in the UK and Europe.
    Can't get used DR200 (86-88) Carbs from the Wreckers.
    Another option is someone told me the DRZ250 (2000-2005) carbs are compatible with the DR200 (1985-88)
    I'm looking into that to confirm it.
    Hope you can help.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Thread Information