Thread: whats your thoughts on the CGT

Bike
    raptor 1000

whats your thoughts on the CGT

good, bad?..........

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    If you have money in an interest bearing account then you're already paying CGT - its being deducted by the bank on interest paid. Nothing new here.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    If you have money in an interest bearing account then you're already paying CGT - its being deducted by the bank on interest paid. Nothing new here.
    If you are buying and flipping property you are also meant to pay tax on that also Nothing new There either.

Pretty Sure national created the Residential land withholding tax.

The Taxation (Residential Land Withholding Tax, GST on Online Services, and Student Loans) Act 2016, enacted on 13 May 2016, introduced a new withholding tax – residential land withholding tax (RLWT) – on sales of residential property made by “offshore RLWT persons” within two years of acquisition.
    Fairer than upping GST
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Just another cash grab.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    2017 Triumph Tiger XCA
    If introduced, you will also pay CGT on shares you have invested that increase in value, your Kiwisaver value increase (which you are already paying tax on).

Also, the family home (allegedly not subject to CGT) will attract this inequitable tax if you have a home office or if you get a boarder or flatmate in to help pay the mortgage.

Cullen is a cunt

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by johcar View Post
    If
    Being the operative word. I suspect the current proposals will be adjusted a fair bit before legislation is voted on.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    husaberg
    https://taxfoundation.org/capital-ga...try-2011-oecd/
    How many countries dont have CGT.
    Monaco, Panama Switzerland Luxembourg, cayman islands ,Ireland what do these countries all have in common.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Stay away from Kiwisaver. The point of it is to ... ah .... save for retirement because the state are spending too much on old people. And they propose taxing it more?

Here is my prediction - so far it is nothing but a working party wish list suggestion paper. Featuring all types of horror taxes for the media to get so excited over I swear Duncan Garner on the AM show actually had a boner on screen the other morning.

So all the PM has to do is let the media run their mouths off about 30% tax etc and when she announces it will only be 10% the country will sigh a collective sign of relief and thank her for being so reasonable. The polls will love her more and Mr Bridges will be oust.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    good, bad?..........
    the 500cc is pretty good of course the 750 has more grunt. nice colours and i'm sure the entry level 250 will sell very well.

Bike
    2017 Triumph Tiger XCA
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Stay away from Kiwisaver. The point of it is to ... ah .... save for retirement because the state are spending too much on old people. And they propose taxing it more?

Here is my prediction - so far it is nothing but a working party wish list suggestion paper. Featuring all types of horror taxes for the media to get so excited over I swear Duncan Garner on the AM show actually had a boner on screen the other morning.

So all the PM has to do is let the media run their mouths off about 30% tax etc and when she announces it will only be 10% the country will sigh a collective sign of relief and thank her for being so reasonable. The polls will love her more and Mr Bridges will be oust.
    I suspect you're right about the bait and switch.

Still unpalatable and doesn't change my opinion of either Cullen or this Coalition of Losers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    People sell property knowing they will have to pay X amount of tax extra. Thus the selling price will increase by X amount. They get the price they want in the bank and tax ix paid.

More money in the Government coffers ... less income tax increases ... those with money and property are seen to be paying a greater amount of tax (as they are) but getting the money in their pocket they wanted.

Who really loses .. ??? Who really pays more ... ??? And will you then be able to put a deposit on a house while on a benefit ... ???

And with the increase in the minimum hourly pay rate ... what could possibly go wrong with their scheme ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Yo momma
    Didn't those lying cunts promise not to introduce new taxes?
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Didn't those lying cunts promise not to introduce new taxes?

National? Yes they did promise not to and yes they did introduce new taxes.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    motocompo
    I'm not concerned too much how it will affect me. I've had around a decade of intense activity that would have attracted a CGT, that activity has now tapered off & will remain somewhere down around nil for the foreseeable future, so I'm not concerned how it is going to affect me.
    My concern is for the change in kiwi behaviour & lifestyle.
    I can see the arse dropping out of the beach settlements & maybe a shift to large boats instead.
    I also worry for people currently renting.
    Landlords can't just haul money out of their arses & won't be prepared to inject some cash to top up the mortgage of a rental property out of their wages to keep the rent reasonable, as many have done in the past, in the knowledge that there is a tax free carrot waiting for them at the end, because they will now be taxed on the profit of said property.
    Rents will definitely rise & while I'm sure it will turn a few tenants into home owners in the short term, the long term will be a bit grim if you aren't a home owner.
    Also, for landlords that have done a monthly top up from their income over the years, there had better be an accounting system in the CGT maths that takes their input off, as that needs to come off the taxable profit, as it was taxed income before it went to propping up a tenant & isint a gain, as it was a landlord contribution.
    Yes, I have done that to make sure my tenants pay market rent for a property that had decent capital gain and a fairly hefty mortgage.

Bike
    2017 Triumph Tiger XCA
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    National? Yes they did promise not to and yes they did introduce new taxes.
    "How can you tell when a politician is lying?"

"Their lips move"

They're all as bad as each other, but the current one came in with a platform of "the most transparent government ever"...

Yeah, right.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thread Information