Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: "Kiwi jihadi" feels "stabbed in the back"...

Bike
    motocompo
    Going back to the original topic of this thread.
    I doubt current events have helped his cause.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Well I don't know shit about guns but it would seem to me that big magazines are a really bad idea in the civilian arena. As soon as he was caught reloading he was off like the
    five foot chickenshit arsehole with a microscopic dick that he really was.
    Yip but i would say he got those over the net, So just as well as he didnt obtain 90 round drum mags.

But yeah thats a great place to start
    I understand at least one of the Victims died while trying to disarm him.
    So anyone caught with the larger mags should get at least a year in the company of NZ prison systems finest.
    Even in the USA the police learnt real quick they were able to outgunned in the north Hollyword shooting.
    This lead to changes to prevent a repeat of police having to go to a gun shop to get appropriate weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Yip but i would say he got those over the net, So just as well as he didnt obtain 90 round drum mags.

But yeah thats a great place to start
    I understand at least one of the Victims died while trying to disarm him.
    So anyone caught with the larger mags should get at least a year in the company of NZ prison systems finest.
    Even in the USA the police learnt real quick they were able to outgunned in the north Hollyword shooting.
    This lead to changes to prevent a repeat of police having to go to a gun shop to get appropriate weapons.
    I believe you can readily buy them here but you're not supposed to use them if you've got a Cat A license because it's like really, really, really naughty.

Bike
    husaberg
    I believe you can readily buy them here but you're not supposed to use them if you've got a Cat A license because it's like really, really, really naughty.
    I seen that on the news also as i was leaving that and the parts to turn them into full assault rifle spec and likely also the parts needed to make them full auto.
    Massive loophole and very disappointing
    I see Gun city were selling the parts i assumed you needed to hold the right cat or be out of the country etc.
    I only caught part of it but was the gun city guy saying the 2 Semi autos were from elsewhere?

My Brother has always collected guns and he told me years ago it was simple to turn a SLR into full auto just a correctly placed matchstick.
    I wouldn't fancy trying one on Full auto they are a handful as they are.
    Not sure if its an urban legend or not.
    But he has a proper secure bunker style magazine to protect his weapons.
    But i know the military keeps track of all the mags.
    I found a Streyr mag one day after an exercise they were bloody relieved i handed it back as those that lose them face a charge.

Looking at this
    https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-r-0057.htm
    It seems 22 Cal Semi autos are not used in the states for mass killings as the only 22 were mostly handguns.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    My Brother has always collected guns and he told me years ago it was simple to turn a SLR into full auto just a correctly placed matchstick.
    Brings back memories of being in the Territorials (1972 or thereabouts) and hearing the very same story (matchstick).
    We were shown a full auto SLR being fired - from a prone position and the rifle was on a bipod. It had a much thicker barrel than the standard SLRs we were issued with.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Brings back memories of being in the Territorials (1972 or thereabouts) and hearing the very same story (matchstick).
    We were shown a full auto SLR being fired - from a prone position and the rifle was on a bipod. It had a much thicker barrel than the standard SLRs we were issued with.
    Yeah here in the late 80's at least they still had a 308 version of the WW2 Bren for that, only 30 shots though.
    It was bloody heavy. Even compared to a SLR.
    We used to do the target practice for the young ones with a 22 short chambered 303 lee enfields. As the full scale kit was a bit loud for the indoor range.
    It was an interesting assortment with the M16s and SLRs. old Brens the Laws and i think Browning 9mm.
    I guess they keep all that sort of kit for the territorials cadets and ATC and so forth or what do they do with them?
    The Argentinians had Full auto FN Fals, proper boots, plus bigger mags that they never had to carry a full kit including ammo over half the island, it never did them any good.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I seen that on the news also as i was leaving that and the parts to turn them into full assult rifle spec and lkely also th =e parts needed to make them full auto.
    Pretty much Impossible in NZ

You'd need a Milspec Bolt Carrier group.
    a Milspec Lower receiver (so a one that both didn't have the material inserts to prevent the use of an Auto-Sear and one that allowed the fire selector to be rotated to the full auto position).

Those 2 items are okay, although the Receiver would require an Import permit. The issue is with the 2 other items needed:

You'd need an Auto-Sear, either a RDIAS or a Lightning link or similar - Good luck trying to import that into NZ.
    And you'd need a Full-Auto trigger group - again, good luck trying to import that into NZ

Looking at this
    https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-r-0057.htm
    It seems 22 Cal Semi autos are not used in the states for mass killings as the only 22 were mostly handguns.
    You have a Short Memory - does the song 'I don't like Mondays' ring a bell?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

a Milspec Lower receiver (so a one that both didn't have the material inserts to prevent the use of an Auto-Sear and one that allowed the fire selector to be rotated to the full auto position).

Those 2 items are okay, although the Receiver would require an Import permit. The issue is with the 2 other items needed:

You'd need an Auto-Sear, either a RDIAS or a Lightning link or similar - Good luck trying to import that into NZ.
    And you'd need a Full-Auto trigger group - again, good luck trying to import that into NZ

I took you off ignore to say this.
    When do you intend to go back to pushing the same anti islamic crap you were peddling on here a few months ago.
    You remember it is the exact same shit this killer was also peddling.
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1131127928
    Its the same recepie but just a different flavour as tripe Oldie peddles and as did Akzle before him.
    Does it give you a warm glow knowing you did your part to reinforce these attitudes?
    In some ways it worse than oldie and Akzle as you i thought had a modicum of common sense.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

you are aware that you can just mail order things and they can come thru the post unchecked? Like pistols and knives etc? Gun parts would be even easier. Our RD postie delivered a pistol to a guy near the Kauri Fonterra plant and then he got busted with it in a seperate offence.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries

But i know the military keeps track of all the mags.
    I found a Streyr mag one day after an exercise they were bloody relieved i handed it back as those that lose them face a charge.
    I'm ex Regular force army. The matchstick does work. Ruins a good matchstick. (it doesn't last long). However this practice is not recommended as (1) SLR's only have an 18 round (in general practice) mag and you run out of ammo pretty quickly. You can get 20 in but they can jam in the mag. (2) On auto is VERY inaccurate. (3) 2-3 mags on auto the barrel heats up and rounds can jam in the barrel. SLR barrels are not easily changed as in the Heavy barreled SLR. Thus ... it can be done. But ... like swimming Cook straight ... hardly practical.

If you knew an armorer ... lost mags were not an issue.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Maybe the problem is twofold:

1) the means

2) the hate

take either of them away and the problem collapses.

The means: yeah, not easy. If it isn't guns, it's bombs, if it isn't bombs, it's trucks driven into a crowd. A start would be to criminalise high capacity magazines, use, sale, possession... say anything over 7 rounds? But if they're determined enough they'll find a way. Doesn't have to be guns.

The hate: well, that's the internet. Mostly. It's just too easy to find people reinforcing your own point of view on the Net, whatever that POV is.

Maybe a general solution is sociability. By what I've heard so far, he was a loner, no family, no apparent friends, nobody to keep him connected to humanity. Same story with most of the other mass murder rampage crazies, here (David Gray) and overseas. We drive cars, we watch TV, we lock ourselves away in suburbia. Loneliness is a modern plague. Maybe we need times of day that the TV and the Internet is just off, you have to get away from the screen and do something, and in the course of doing that something the chances of bumping into somebody else goes up from zero to possible.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    you are aware that you can just mail order things and they can come thru the post unchecked? Like pistols and knives etc? Gun parts would be even easier. Our RD postie delivered a pistol to a guy near the Kauri Fonterra plant and then he got busted with it in a seperate offence.
    Depends on the item.

Buffer Tube + Buffer Tube spring: Delivered, with a note to say cleared by Customs
    Several 5 Rd mags: Also, Delivered with a note to say cleared by Customs
    Carbine length Buffer tube: Got letter from the Police to check my Category of licence - sent them an email showing the A-Cat buttstock and my Licence, they then released the item to me.

So, 3 items, all 3 were checked, 1 required additional actions on my part.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I took you off ignore to say this.
    When do you intend to go back to pushing the same anti islamic crap you were peddling on here a few months ago.
    You remember it is the exact same shit this killer was also peddling.
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1131127928
    Its the same recepie but just a different flavour as tripe Oldie peddles and as did Akzle before him.
    Does it give you a warm glow knowing you did your part to reinforce these attitudes?
    In some ways it worse than oldie and Akzle as you i thought had a modicum of common sense.
    I'm still critical of Islam. In particular the certain sects that take a rather literal interpretation of the Qu'ran.
    There are still parts of the Qu'ran which I believe be antithetical to Western Democracy.

Neither of which means I want to see Innocent people gunned down like Fish in a Barrel.

But seeing as you have trouble understanding - I'll paint you a picture of Tolerance.

If you are Muslim - and you want to observe your faith - Great, more power to you.
    I'll not offer to buy you a Beer or a side of Pork Scratchings, I'll not offer you anything to eat between the hours of sunrise and sunset from the 5th of May to the 4th of June, if you come to my house - I'll make sure you have a quite room for you when you need to Pray.

Sounds fine right?

In return, I expect you not to try and establish Sharia law, I expect you to have equal tolerance for the Gay Community, I expect you not to be Anti-Semitic, I expect you to not kill relatives over a matter of 'Honor' or attack them with Acid, I expect you to co-operate with the Law and not try and deal with things 'in community', I expect you to adhere to the most basic standards of Consent and I expect you to not promote anything to do with the Extremist sects.

As far as I'm concerned - that's a pretty low standard on both sides - if we can all do that, then we can live peacefully together.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Well I don't know shit about guns but it would seem to me that big magazines are a really bad idea in the civilian arena. As soon as he was caught reloading he was off like the
    five foot chickenshit arsehole with a microscopic dick that he really was.
    As you said you don't know much about guns.
    I do and I have several including an AR15. I can drop an empty mag, slap in another and be shooting again in a couple of seconds. As long as the shooter was well practiced in reloading, had plenty of loaded mags on him AND HAD THE ONLY GUN IN THE BUILDING, he could have done just as much damage with a sack of 10 round mags.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    As you said you don't know much about guns.
    I do and I have several including an AR15. I can drop an empty mag, slap in another and be shooting again in a couple of seconds. As long as the shooter was well practiced in reloading, had plenty of loaded mags on him AND HAD THE ONLY GUN IN THE BUILDING, he could have done just as much damage with a sack of 10 round mags.
    Well maybe that's the answer right there. Limit mag capacity and ban interchangeable mags - all civilian weapons to be reloaded one round at a time, i.e. permanently fixed mags OK, drop out slap in mags not.

As to 'had the only gun in the building', how well has that worked in the USA?

JasonU - that avatar - I agree with an earlier poster, it was in bad taste earlier and now it's just rude.

Thread Information