Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R

MNZ Rule Change Time,

have your say,

https://www.mnz.co.nz/regulations/Mo...d-rule-changes

easy way to place feedback on proposed rule changes in the link,

Bike
    Exercycle
    Don't like the proposed new 10.8. It would mean on the face of it, producing guards for top and bottom run of the final drive chain.
    Something not even the factories do.

Since the shark fins came in, how many have had chain inflicted injuries ? There shouldn't be any loose clothing around the final drive chain anyway - just your boots.

Bike
    husaberg
    Isnt that number of completed laps and so forth a year later than it should have been?

As Greg said for the chain cover, you might have thought if it was an important safety feature the manufacturers would have thought of it and put it on there themselves.
    Maybe the officials commissioner know more than Honda Suzuki and Kaweaski and Yamaha do but exactly the same of MZ did about racing bikes in the early 80's.
    Still remember Glenn Williams and a heap of others whipping them about at the SOT. Would have been around the Fully faired kiwi falged Britten years woundn't it Greg?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Don't like the proposed new 10.8. It would mean on the face of it, producing guards for top and bottom run of the final drive chain.
    Something not even the factories do.

Since the shark fins came in, how many have had chain inflicted injuries ? There shouldn't be any loose clothing around the final drive chain anyway - just your boots.
    I need to go read it, but I suspect it is for primary drive chains, just badly written. I heard there may have been a text update.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    I need to go read it, but I suspect it is for primary drive chains, just badly written. I heard there may have been a text update.
    By jove i suspect you are less than wrong old chap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guard.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	341274
    I think i read it twice and missed that both times, although the rear chain is still included at the dreaded discretion of individuals when they consider it necessary.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    By jove i suspect you are less than wrong old chap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guard.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	341274
    I think i read it twice and missed that both times, although the rear chain is still included at the dreaded discretion of individuals when they consider it necessary.
    The Velocette section of the Register will still protest that version....If it was good enough for Stanley Woods......

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    There is also a rule change in which would allow Ninja 400's into the 300 class.

Very interesting dynamic. There is mention of weight and power controls, but not what.

Bike
    husaberg
    There is also a rule change in which would allow Ninja 400's into the 300 class.

Very interesting dynamic. There is mention of weight and power controls, but not what.
    I see that, suck and see, if they seem to fast they will be slowed, if you were smart you could fox them a bit, like Ducati used to In WSB.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Exercycle

Deja vue - all over again. I remember Shand announcing that there would be weight penalties in the formula classes.
    Went down so well it never happened - and Shand disappeared.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Deja vue - all over again. I remember Shand announcing that there would be weight penalties in the formula classes.
    Went down so well it never happened - and Shand disappeared.
    Has he surfaced since the museum sold?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    motocompo
    I propose that if you flagrantly cross the yellow pit lane line at the top of the hill at Hampton Downs repetedly after being warned not to do so you should be made to pack up your shit & go home.
    Regardless of wether name is Pete Goodwin or not.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I propose that if you flagrantly cross the yellow pit lane line at the top of the hill at Hampton Downs repetedly after being warned not to do so you should be made to pack up your shit & go home.
    Regardless of wether name is Pete Goodwin or not.
    you don't need to, this was outlined at riders briefing and each and every competitor has thirty minutes after a race to put in a protest, or a competitor can have a discussion about the breach and request the rider involved gets a wee talking to before the next race and put on unnofficial notice as it were.

the question is sidecar bob, where along the yellow are you talking, there's two parts there, the yeallow and then the yellow where it has white in it too, that's usually the #metoo zone where feathers start to fly.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    have your say,

https://www.mnz.co.nz/regulations/Mo...d-rule-changes

easy way to place feedback on proposed rule changes in the link,
    what i find really sad it that from oour whole country just six rule changes came from the shop floor via clubs, and that was only one club.

does anybody actually care about the sport and the rules at all these days enough to even put forward the slightest change.
    there were a number via the commissioners and to be fair some of these could have come off the street channellled by the commissoners.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Has he surfaced since the museum sold?
    yeah shandy's floating round nelson, retired nowadays

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    you don't need to, this was outlined at riders briefing and each and every competitor has thirty minutes after a race to put in a protest, or a competitor can have a discussion about the breach and request the rider involved gets a wee talking to before the next race and put on unnofficial notice as it were.

the question is sidecar bob, where along the yellow are you talking, there's two parts there, the yeallow and then the yellow where it has white in it too, that's usually the #metoo zone where feathers start to fly.
    Well if it's yellow it's yellow & if it's on the track you would think it had some kind of relevance wether it had a white chum or not.
    Due process was followed, and the repeated evidence was on 360 degree go pro.
    $50 was paid & a protest was made within 30 minutes, however, it was not upheld.

Thread Information