Thread: Possible ECU damage for Hyosung GT250R EFI

Bike
    HYOUSNG GT250R

Possible ECU damage for Hyosung GT250R EFI

Hello, my name is Jun, First time posting here.

I need some help with my bike.

I have a 2010 Hyosung GT250R EFI, I owned this bike for about 5 Months now.
    One day the bike just wouldn't start. (Cranked but not starting.)
    There was spark from the spark plugs but fuel was not being injected into the engine.
    I initially thought the injectors have gone bad but it was very unlikely that the both injectors would stop working at the same time.

So I called in a mechanic to have a look at the bike and ran a diagnostics and no error codes were found.
    Even the injectors were getting the right voltage and everything else was working fine.
    It just wasn't injecting fuel.

We came down to a conclusion that it must be the ECU that is malfunctioning. (there was a major short circuiting after the first week of owning the bike that blew all the fuses.)
    But I am still confused about how an ECU can be working just fine for another 3 months and all of a sudden stop working.

It's the best guess I have atm, and I want to test if it's actually my ECU that is faulty.

I wonder if there are any GT250R EFI model owners out there in Auckland who would let me test their GT250R ECU on my bike? (It would take less that 5 mins)
    I can pay for the trouble for anyone to ride over here.
    I live in West Harbour and It would be very much appreciated if there is anyone out there who could help me with this.

Thank you so much and have a nice day

My phone number is 021 026 19193
    just in case if anyone wants to message me (Cheers!)

Bike
    '16 xtz125, '03 fireblade
    Blog Entries
    what did the mechanic say after his diagnosis? or was the bill to continue too much to bear?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Juny View Post

I wonder if there are any GT250R EFI model owners out there in Auckland who would let me test their GT250R ECU on my bike? (It would take less that 5 mins)
    and if the faults still in your bike could potentially blow there's to bits' too.....

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Re-check all your fuses and find out what caused them to blow in the first place.

A short out somewhere maybe. (Look for burnt black wiring)
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

Bike
    HYOUSNG GT250R
    The Mechanic who had a look at my bike didn't charge me at all, (he's someone I know personally)
    We checked all the electrical system, things like relays, wiring and correct wattage.
    He suggested that since it's likely a ECU problem I should see if I can get some help from the forum
    rather than going to the hyosung dealership and get charged with huge amount of bill.

Bike
    HYOUSNG GT250R
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Re-check all your fuses and find out what caused them to blow in the first place.

A short out somewhere maybe. (Look for burnt black wiring)
    The fuses blew just after 3 days of owning the bike because the dealership I bought the bike from (Red baron which is now gone)
    didn't check that there was a open after market wiring that was exposed inside the battery bay prior to selling the bike to me.
    It completely shut the bike down while I was on a motorway and it did get repaired after that. ( I am suspecting this is the cause for the current ECU damage)

After few weeks later, bike shut off on me again on a motorway due to the faulty regulator.
    Honestly it was just a nightmare dealing with this bike through Red Baron.

All these issues aside, I still really like this bike. I just hope I can have less mechanical problems and just enjoy riding.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... Honestly it was just a nightmare dealing with this bike through Red Baron.

All these issues aside, I still really like this bike. I just hope I can have less mechanical problems and just enjoy riding.
    I afraid Hyosung motorcycles have a very bad rep. With Red Baron closing ... the warranty would be void ... ???

Is it fully paid for .. ???

Bike
    suzuki
    ( I am suspecting this is the cause for the current ECU damage)

electronics either work or they don't, getting a hit doesn't take three months to turn into a problem normally

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps ..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ever since.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	341326  

Bike
    '16 xtz125, '03 fireblade
    Blog Entries
    thing is theyre cheap and have cheap parts so easy to fix, BUT NZ dealers retardedly thought nah she's $$$$ and lets whack 1000% markup on those OEM parts --- and they wonder why they don't fuck'n sell after the first batch....

i'd love a GD250R but they brought in 1 batch and that was that.....

Bike
    NInja 300
    This probably my third time to hear someone mention ECU problem on a Hyosung bike. Good luck pal...

Thread Information