Thread: Melbourne Grand Prix

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

Melbourne Grand Prix

Yeah, I know, but I can't be the only F1 fan here.

I've just tried to watch quali on Duke. Not in HD on Sky, so watched On Demand using Apple TV, which drops out every 10 minutes like MotoGP used to.

That I can cope with. But then they cut to The Simpsons as soon as quali finishes.

Can't wait to see how badly Spark and TVNZ cock up the Rugby world cup.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I gave up on the F1 years back when they stopped passing each other and it became boring.

The electric cars Forumla E is far more interesting racing.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Well, not being able to afford any of the pay options, I watched it on free to air. Quite good coverage I thought.
    What did you expect to see after qual was finished ? Simpsons was the scheduled follow.
    I may even be interested enough to watch the race.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    You could try signing up for the awesome new Spark Sport streaming service, the first month is free so long as you remember to suspend your subscription in time and don’t mind giving them your credit card details in the meantime (they reckon they’ll remind you when they start charging but I wouldn’t necessarily bank on that given my experience with it so far)

It’s supposed to have all the ‘extra’ coverage including practices and pre/post race stuff.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    You could try signing up for the awesome new Spark Sport streaming service, the first month is free so long as you remember to suspend your subscription in time and don’t mind giving them your credit card details in the meantime (they reckon they’ll remind you when they start charging but I wouldn’t necessarily bank on that given my experience with it so far)

It’s supposed to have all the ‘extra’ coverage including practices and pre/post race stuff.
    I might try that for the next race, but did read a review which said it kept freezing and was pretty well unwatchable. Just some fine tuning required according to Spark.

I couldn't watch all of Melbourne live, and foolishly assumed I could pause the live stream and watch it later. At least I had the SD version recorded on MySky.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Well, not being able to afford any of the pay options, I watched it on free to air. Quite good coverage I thought.
    What did you expect to see after qual was finished ? Simpsons was the scheduled follow.
    I may even be interested enough to watch the race.
    I'm used to last year's Sky coverage, which had all sorts of analysis and interviews. I wasn't expecting all of that, but the interviews with the drivers on the track would have been nice.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    I switched from TVNZ to the Spark Sport app (for iOS) as soon as they started dropping ads in the middle of it, no issues watching live (on my massive 32" plasma via Airplay so I can't comment on if it was HD or picture quality in general for a better screen) and coverage continued after the race with interviews etc.

However when I tried to come in late on one of the practices and watch it from the beginning it kept jumping around all over the place.

So still a work in progress I guess.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Yo momma
    You didn't miss much. It was a bit of a procession. I was hoping for better.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    I was hoping for better.
    Why? F1 has been as dull as ditch water for years and years.
    =mjc=

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    You didn't miss much. It was a bit of a procession. I was hoping for better.
    The Albert Park track is shit for overtaking - I've never bothered going. Bottas effectively won the race at the start.

The best racing was what are called the B teams - they seem very close this season.

Thread Information