Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Helmet lifespan?

Bike
    2010 Kawasaki ER-6n
    I've never thought about it before...I've been using my helmet for 4 years now. It fits perfectly, and I worry I won't find a better one so easy.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    I guess there's a big difference between someone who keeps their helmet in the bag it came in, and looks after it fastidiously, and someone who lets it fall off the seat of the bike time and again.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    Found a goodie in the rafters recently. My uncle moved to Australia some 15+ years ago and left us with a few boxes of bits and pieces to store. Why, I don't know, maybe they thought they'd be back. We unearthed it when we moved house... Opened the boxes and asked him if he wanted anything. His old race helmet from goodness knows when was determined to be "too old to be of any use". Just as well, as the lining foam disintegrated in my hands. It went to a good cause though: the volunteer firefighters use them in training (practice removing helmets from dummies).

I replace mine when the look ratty. Its really all about the look, and while having a few bin trophies does increase your street cred, after a while a new shiney helmet just looks cooler.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Thread Information