Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guzzi V85 TT - Revzilla review

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Sooo - My Caponord 1200 front mudguard gets fitted along with the heated grips this coming Friday. They'll both be timely as riding in anything other than bone dry conditions sees the bike plastered in crud which is difficult to get off.

I other news the plug lead/cap repair is holding well and I'm falling in love with it once more. Plus I've now fitted a California Scientific screen which makes a significant difference and doesn't look too much like a barn door (It's still not what you'd call good looking though...).

I've now racked up just over 2200Km and the bike seems to be purring along quite nicely. Consumption is in the 20-22Km/litre range and the all LED headlight set-up seems to work rather well, giving a decent spread of very white light. Plus that rear rack is ideal for strapping one's rucksack to as well.

If you're thinking about getting one I'd suggest giving one a test ride. You may well like it more than you expect.

Bike
    2013 DL650A V-Strom McCruise Added
    Thanks Navy Boy keep the reports coming .

Nothing like actual real reports from an owner than hyped bullsh@# from the magazine reviews

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    An update - As this last week signified two years with the V85 (Quite a long time for me!).

Mileage is up to 12800Km with a fair bit of riding done over the Xmas break. Bearing in mind I was away with work for 4.5 months last year and that I have other bikes too this represents quite a lot of riding.

Apart from the previously reported spark plug lead, which I'm willing to put down to bad luck, the only other snag has been an oil leak around the 9000Km mark. It turns out that the sump bolts (Which are removed at the oil change) hadn't been torqued up sufficiently. I blame the person who's changed the oil (At the dealership) for that one rather than the bike itself.

Having said that it was fixed quicksmart by the supplying dealer and the bike's been fine since then.

As far as the riding experience goes the bike remains as good as ever. In short I really enjoy riding it and the bike has a lovely balance and personality which will be difficult to replicate if and when I replace it. Yes it only has 80Bhp and you need to keep it on the boil (Over 4000Rpm) if you want to make good progress but one gets the feeling that any more power would upset the bike's equilibrium. Besides which having to use the gearbox makes things interesting and the lower power output compared to equivalent machines means that you are really riding it and getting the best from it. In other words it is a satisfying machine to ride and own - Though this isn't obvious from a 30 minute test ride.

This bike is much like other Guzzis I've owned and ridden. It's a slow burner that grows on you the longer you have it.

All I can say is that the V100 Mandello, which I've earmarked to be a possible replacement, needs to be ruddy good to make me change.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post

All I can say is that the V100 Mandello, which I've earmarked to be a possible replacement, needs to be ruddy good to make me change.
    If only it wasn't so wilfully ugly. There's no evidence of it being designed. It looks like one of those End-of-Life parts bin specials Suzuki is so "good" at, except worse.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    If only it wasn't so wilfully ugly. There's no evidence of it being designed. It looks like one of those End-of-Life parts bin specials Suzuki is so "good" at, except worse.
    The first bike it reminded me of when I first saw the pictures was the Yammie TDM850/900 from a fair few years ago.

That was a bike I always rather liked but the V100 will need to be seen in the flesh before I could make some sort of a judgement call. I suspect that it'll be very colour sensitive too. Thus far the specs seem to suggest it'll be a lovely thing to ride (115Bhp and 105Nm) so I'm prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt - For now.

Thread Information