Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Co.'s

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

Power Co.'s

I just asked to be transferred from Genesis to Powerconz. Genesis have now offered me an "even better deal". Why didn't they offer me that in the first place?
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    2017 Triumph Tiger XCA
    Because these companies don't reward loyalty and seem to think it's cheaper to buy back a customer than keep them in the first place.

Telcos and insurers play the same game

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    I just asked to be transferred from Genesis to Powerconz. Genesis have now offered me an "even better deal". Why didn't they offer me that in the first place?
    The new outfit Energy Club called me but I'm on contract for another month or so. Lady across the road was saying she joined a Grey Power scheme and that has dropped her bill $20 a month. I may have to enquire about that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The new outfit Energy Club called me but I'm on contract for another month or so. Lady across the road was saying she joined a Grey Power scheme and that has dropped her bill $20 a month. I may have to enquire about that.
    Is there anything older than grey power? I'm kinda dust power these days...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2006 XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    How much better was the deal as in is it worth staying with them? Do you have power and gas?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Exercycle
    We shopped around for power a while back. Asked around recently about the broadband with power deals.
    Not available here. Looking at recent prices, that's the only incentive we'd have to change.
    And AFAIK, the greypower deal ain't available here either. Bugger.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    We shopped around for power a while back. Asked around recently about the broadband with power deals.
    Not available here. Looking at recent prices, that's the only incentive we'd have to change.
    And AFAIK, the greypower deal ain't available here either. Bugger.
    I cant understand why you cant get broadband all but the shitest West Coast towns have it.
    There is plenty of dairy farms were you are what happened to the rutral broadband roll out.
    before broadband was available we used to have satellite broadband there were also others that had a wireless one off the satellite feed.
    https://wirelessnation.co.nz/rural/r...iAAEgJQkvD_BwE
    https://www.scorch.co.nz/services/te...erbury-region/
    https://getgravity.nz/?keyword_k=%2B...iAAEgKpxvD_BwE
    https://www.skinny.co.nz/broadband/?...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

You are on the list
    https://ufb.org.nz/270m-ufb-boost-to...90-more-towns/
    Ultra-Fast Broadband expansion
    Under the latest extension of the Government’s Ultra-Fast Broadband programme, worldclass broadband will be rolled out to an additional 34 towns and 5 fringe areas in Canterbury.
    This will provide approximately 7,500 more Canterbury households and businesses with access to faster, more reliable internet.
    New towns & fringe areas:  Arthurs Pass  Belfast (Clearwater)  Castle Hill  Coalgate/Glentunnel  Cust  Doyleston  Dunsandel  Duntroon  Duvauchelle  Fairlie  Fairton/Ashburton Airport area and Ashburton Northpark  Glenavy  Hanmer Springs  Hawarden  Hornby Quadrant  Hororata  Kirwee  Kurow  Leithfield  Leithfield Beach  Little River  Mandeville  Mt Somers  Omarama  Otematata  Pareora  Prebbleton 1  Prebbleton 2  Rotherham  South Kaikoura  Tai Tapu  Takamatua  Tuahiwi  Waddington/Sheffield  Waiau  Waikari  Waipara  West Eyreton  Winchester
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    We can get it - but not at a price we can afford.
    Fibre runs past our back gate. Put in as part of the rural schools setup.
    I went for the mail one morning and found the mad pom (see flying Kiwi sidecar record) standing in a ditch across my gate.
    After we'd insulted each other as you do, he declined to add a branch for us. Bugger.

BTW, the school didn't connect to it for some time. Couldn't afford it I heard.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    How much better was the deal as in is it worth staying with them? Do you have power and gas?
    I'll give it a month or two and then reassess. This is power only.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    15.5c/KWh at the mo -- who offers betterer?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    If it was cheaper than that they'd be paying you to use it. Who is that with?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    If it was cheaper than that they'd be paying you to use it. Who is that with?
    flick fixi standard >_> only 2 of us and a toddler in a concrete house using shit loads of electric hot water + fan heater + dish washer + washing machine + a server running 24/7 --- between $20-30 a week in power --- you have to pay weekly with flick however. when I was on mercury and then genisis it was 280 a month and this was during the cheaper national government power pricing times ;p

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    Ecotricity - can go as low as 7 c/KwH (plus line charges, plus GST, plus any other charges that can be added) buy back rate for solar is the same but without the extra charges being refunded.

Solar panels are about to be activated (12 panels and a 6kwH inverter/battery) will be intersting to see what thebills are like, A bit pissed off that we have missed the benefit power-wise of all the brilliant sunshine since January.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Update:

After a couple of weeks comparing, it looks like the month's bill will drop 20% from $150 to $120.

I will wait and see.

By the by, Genesis has worked really hard to make me change my mind. I said I would "consider" them if the new guy was no good. I didn't add that I would consider and reject.

Bike
    77 XL250
    29 cents a unit here in the sticks. By a remarkable coincidence, the 3 companies that service our area are within $5.00 a month.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Thread Information