Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TS125 Powered Bucket

Bike
    Gsxr250/TS125ER Bucket racer

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well the muffler angle looks ridiculous, but the pipe doesn't care a jott so it maters not.

You'll find a lower seat devoid of foam will give a better feel. Actually looks quite good.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, behind the sprocket, Bush that seals against the seal has an oring behind it so it doesn't leak down the inner of the Bush. Replace that too.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    That is not looking too bad.

BUT . . . . do not start with lean jets and go up. Put in the biggest you have and go down. Running lean will end in tears. It shouldn't run at full throttle with a BIG jet. If it still does then you need to find a bigger jet, and for goodness sake don't compare it to what a FXR uses.

Bike

New Muffler

So my TradeMe "Universal 2 Stroke" muffler arrived today.

Initial impressions, I was a little disappointed to realize how large the inlet diameter is. But it was so light compared to the standard RGV150 muffler. I never weighed it but it's easily a KG or more lighter.

So with weight saving also being quite desirable to me, I decided to remake the joining pipe and make the new muffler work. The outside diameter of my joining pipe fitted neatly inside the inlet of the new muffler. A little time with the pipe bender and mig weder at work and new light straight through muffler is fitted.

I cant get over how quiet a 2 stroke is compared to a 4 stroke. The noise restrictions we have at our local track are such that an FXR150 can't have any exhaust much louder than a standard muffler. A straight through muffler as I have just fitted would be booming on an FXR

I got some more tuning runs done after everyone had gone home from work. #115 main still appeared a little lean, and swapped in a #120. I'll try a #125 tomorrow evening. I just want to get the bike in the ball park tuning wise so as not to waste too much expensive Dyno time.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jthespanner View Post
    So my TradeMe "Universal 2 Stroke" muffler arrived today.

Initial impressions, I was a little disappointed to realize how large the inlet diameter is. But it was so light compared to the standard RGV150 muffler. I never weighed it but it's easily a KG or more lighter.

So with weight saving also being quite desirable to me, I decided to remake the joining pipe and make the new muffler work. The outside diameter of my joining pipe fitted neatly inside the inlet of the new muffler. A little time with the pipe bender and mig weder at work and new light straight through muffler is fitted.

I cant get over how quiet a 2 stroke is compared to a 4 stroke. The noise restrictions we have at our local track are such that an FXR150 can't have any exhaust much louder than a standard muffler. A straight through muffler as I have just fitted would be booming on an FXR

I got some more tuning runs done after everyone had gone home from work. #115 main still appeared a little lean, and swapped in a #120. I'll try a #125 tomorrow evening. I just want to get the bike in the ball park tuning wise so as not to waste too much expensive Dyno time.
    go to mico metals an buy some 75mm irrigation tube or go to a market gardener and ask for some, make your own and decent muffler shop will have fibregalss string packing
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Running it a bit lean will make it crisp on the throttle and even make good power on the dyno. However, the piston will get "crispy" on about lap 3. If you do insist on sneaking "up" on the jet sizes make sure you go past the ideal jet and see the power drop off a bit. That would be the jet I would run on the track for safety.

I wouldn't have bothered changing the muffler inlet pipe. All you need is the correct size restrictor/nozzle on the rear cone outlet and the pipe after that doesn't matter, as long as it stays larger.

Bike
    a red heap
    Isn't a TS a motocross / enduro engine?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    No. Clearly not. That would be a PE or an RM. Weren't you paying attention at Farm school?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    No. Clearly not. That would be a PE or an RM. Weren't you paying attention at Farm school?
    MNZ rule 16.2 Engines must be derived from non-competition motorcycles. Motocross, Road Racing, Enduro and Kart motor and transmission parts are not permitted.
    There shall be no restriction on the make, type or design of carburettor, ignition, exhaust, piston, cam, valve springs or cooling system except for class eligibility.

The TS was road legal. My one was even road registered at some point as I have ownership papers from an old rego to help get it road legal again if I wanted. If a TF engine is legal under the rules then why is the TS not?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jthespanner View Post
    MNZ rule 16.2 Engines must be derived from non-competition motorcycles. Motocross, Road Racing, Enduro and Kart motor and transmission parts are not permitted.
    There shall be no restriction on the make, type or design of carburettor, ignition, exhaust, piston, cam, valve springs or cooling system except for class eligibility.

The TS was road legal. My one was even road registered at some point as I have ownership papers from an old rego to help get it road legal again if I wanted. If a TF engine is legal under the rules then why is the TS not?
    Dont worry about Nodrog hes yanking a chain.
    Which is ironic considering the short leash Tina keeps him on.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    No.... a TF or TS is a perfectly legal Bucket engine...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 hour 2013 028.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	341616

This TF/TS 125 at 22rwhp in a NF4 chassis proved to be competitive and very reliable.

Bike
    a red heap
    Doesn't ER stand for Enduro Racer?

Bike
    husaberg
    Doesn't ER stand for Enduro Racer?
    I see why you might be confused by that but in the case of the TS it was actually named after one of our best NZ biscuit tin physicists Ernest Rutherford who co-incidently also comes from Nelson.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    That's a common misconception Husa. It was really an attempt by the Japanese to capture the Farmer vernacular. But they misspelled it on the seat cover.

It should have been AR. Or ARR.

Thread Information