Thread: Returned to biking after 10 years ;)

Bike
    KTM Duke 200

Returned to biking after 10 years ;)

Hi,

So after almost 9 years away in the UK and europe I returned to NZ last year. Our little one started school and we wanted her to experience life growing up in this part of the world. Been loving it as we thought we would! Long summer this year is freaking amazing.

I have had quite a few bikes in the past. Started on a Fzr 400 then progressed onto R6 (that bike was a serious weapon ... for me anyway). All this was in my early years in Aus. When I initially moved to NZ previously I got the bike itch again and invested in a Ducati 748. Still my favourite bike to date. Mind you it bled my wallet in service and parts

When we moved to the UK the weather just didnt appeal to me to own a bike plus I had no where to keep one secure in London.

So after returning I decided to get a little around town bike and to just get back into the swing of riding again. I tested quite a few bikes around 150 - 250 cc mark (didnt want to go bigger as it was all about fuel economy for this ride) Eventually settling on the KTM Duke 200. Its quite spritely little machine and can easily do 130km on the highway even with my heavy 90kg ass. Been quite please with it. Gets close to 300km out of a tank too which is great.

Few mods I want to do:

1) Wrap it metallic black (not a huge fan of the orange decals)

2) Have the seat mod to be around 2 inches higher to give me a more desirable riding position. (long rides my knees feel slightly cramped).

3) Maybe an aftermarket bolt on exhaust - just to ad a little noise to it really as it pretty quiet. Feel it would be beneficial in traffic.

I will eventually get a bigger bike. Really keen in the future to do a cafe racer Ducati Super Sport build. No funds or time for that yet but its ticking away in my brain

Anyways great to be back on the forum again and look forward to becoming part of the community once again.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Welcome to the forum!

Bike
    KTM Duke 200
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    Thankyou

Bike
    KTM Duke 200
    Here is a pic of my new bike by the way

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47206179_10157238145032526_6835341396753252352_o.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	347.3 KB 
ID:	341436

Oh so i have already since this pic done a few mods. I have installed a fender eliminator and a motech rack holder with a pelican style top box case.

Bike
    XR650R
    Hi, welcome back, seems a good choice for around the city, rack will make it easier to cart stuff back from the dairy, probably have a lol bit of fun in th waitakaries

Thread Information