Thread: Boots

Bike
    1969 Honda S90

Boots

I am looking to buy some new road or road/adventure boots-I have had Forma Adventure highly recommended.A problem I have is that being diabetic I have to be careful of my feet and boots need to be comfortable so I don't get any blisters from riding or walking.
    So what are the recommendations for a good quality comfortable boot?-Thanks in advance.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I am looking to buy some new road or road/adventure boots-I have had Forma Adventure highly recommended.A problem I have is that being diabetic I have to be careful of my feet and boots need to be comfortable so I don't get any blisters from riding or walking.
    So what are the recommendations for a good quality comfortable boot?-Thanks in advance.
    My Sidi Canyon's are all day comfortable and have lasted really well. If I can get them re-soled I'm sure they will go for another good few years. Their was an ADV Rider report on them recently and all the contributors I read were very happy. Proper waterproof, too.

Not cheap though..

My trials boots are StylMartin. They are super comfy for an off road boot and seem to be holding up well to abuse. Good value for money so far. Pretty sure they do an adventure style boot, too.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    I have the Forma Adventures, quite comfortable to wear all day, did some short walks in them on a trip to the South Island recently with no problems but they leak pretty badly in anything approaching decent rain (have read reviews of them from others who say their’s never leaked a drop so YMMV).

Got them because the Alpinestars Web Goretex boots I have for commuting (which have never leaked) are too narrow so my toes get squashd after a while.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Thanks guys,will investigate further-the $ don't matter much,blisters do.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Thanks guys,will investigate further-the $ don't matter much,blisters do.
    The ADV review. https://advrider.com/sidi-canyon-gor...g-and-prosper/
    Manopausal.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    It will depend very much on your feet - generalisations probably won't help much when it comes to comfort and fit.

What I can say though is that I have short wide feet and have very good fit with Gaerne boots. Been wearing them (riding and walking) for 11 years and still very comfortable and do not leak even in the worst rain. Excellent product in my experience.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    It will depend very much on your feet - generalisations probably won't help much when it comes to comfort and fit.

What I can say though is that I have short wide feet and have very good fit with Gaerne boots. Been wearing them (riding and walking) for 11 years and still very comfortable and do not leak even in the worst rain. Excellent product in my experience.
    yeah slofox, have a pair of Gaerne, always turn to them for comfort.Also have a couple of pairs of Sidi 's with plastic n shit all over them.(maybe the best for crashing in ?) But the Gaerne are my fav.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    I have owned Gaerne in the past and not a real fan-Currently leaning towards Sidi Canyons as they have some good reports.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    My favourite boots are these Stylmartin Indians - not really ADV boots, but I can wear them all day on and off the bike in comfort. Plus they look cool, which is important. I would buy more Stylmartin but the importer here does not bring in my (small) size.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I've got Sidi Canyon. They're OK but that catch is a bit fiddly. Probably wouldn't matter quite so much if my gut didn't get in the way?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I expected the catch to be a PITA when I bought mine but they are still working tickety boo. I sometimes forget how to loosen them......

Chris, re our discussion today. Buy, buy, buy!
    Manopausal.

Thread Information