Thread: Exhaust rattle

Bike
    2019 Ninja

Exhaust rattle

Hello. So my bike has had a bad rattle/vibration noise for the past two weeks normally around 4-5k rpm. Did the rear brakes and was thinking it was something related but it seems to be the exahust (literally only started the first ride after doing brakes).
    When the noise comes on I can push on the muffler or exhaust pipe and it goes away or is lessened.

I saw a bolt underneath was not there so added that in and slight change but not much. I believe this is common in gt250rs.
    I can not pinpoint the sound which is frustrating when your riding it sounds like it is in the front but when idle and next to bike its either front or underneath.

Am tempted to remove the exhaust system and shake it but it is odd that when I push on it it stops. Can not seen anything lose either.

Has anyone encountered this and have any tips? Cant see any wrecks to get a new systems and dont want to fork out alot of this POS bike haha.

Thanks

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostinu13 View Post
    (literally only started the first ride after doing brakes).
    Just what did you do to the brakes? If the rattle started straight after doing 'the brakes' ........

Could be as simple as a stone caught between the exhaust and frame or similar.

But it's a Hyo-bag so it's probably terminal.

Bike
    XR650R
    I'd advise you check everything you messed with during the brake job 1st up, then check all the exhaust system mounts, if they are tight yet the noise declines by pushing on the exhaust, it could have a loose baffle plate in muffler, try partially blocking the tailpipe while revving mtr to see if it varies the rattle, if it does , surgery on muffler may be the fix

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Just what did you do to the brakes? If the rattle started straight after doing 'the brakes' ........

Could be as simple as a stone caught between the exhaust and frame or similar.

But it's a Hyo-bag so it's probably terminal.
    Haha nothing just replaced the rotor and pads. Think coincidence.

Thread Information