Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP Phillip Island ticket prices and ideas.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer

MotoGP Phillip Island ticket prices and ideas.

Can anybody give me a ball park figure on ticket prices for this years motoGP at Phillip Island? We are aiming for all three days-no flash pit passes or grandstands needed. Ideas on how to enjoy the experience-places to go etc.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I haven't been to P.I. for years but Italy is one of the more expensive GPs .
    I think I pay about 150 Euro for 3 days ,which is what $300 ???
    I don't do grandstands but prefer to wander around.

But yeah, someone will hopefully come on and give you a price for Austruckingfailure ?
    (bound to be way cheaper !!!).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    If only there was some sort of website you could look that info up on. . . .

Again not for years but after a couple of years at ground level we started booking grandstand for race day. You spend 1st couple of days walking around but it seems like a waste if you get crowded out seeing the main races through a bunch of moving elbows and heads.

Did a couple and found Siberia good as you can see closer and also watch monitors while they are at far end.
    Take a tarpaulin in your backpack in case it rains or is windy.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    I went last year but as part of a tour group run by Michael Eskdale-It was well worth the cost as it included meals and accommodation (which can get a bit spendy on race weekends)-IIRC there is an Oz inmate on here that lives in Bass Straight area,he would be the guy to talk with,sorry I cant remember his name.
    The track is kind of in the middle of nowhere so you need a form of transport.Cowes is the place to be for night action.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I went last year but as part of a tour group run by Michael Eskdale-It was well worth the cost as it included meals and accommodation (which can get a bit spendy on race weekends)-IIRC there is an Oz inmate on here that lives in Bass Straight area,he would be the guy to talk with,sorry I cant remember his name.
    The track is kind of in the middle of nowhere so you need a form of transport.Cowes is the place to be for night action.
    do they still have a pair of shoes over the power lines over their outside a tinnie house, a 'mate' was asking?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I went twice fully catered so have limited experience as to what you're asking. A woman I used to work with went a couple of years ago, I'll text her and ask about where they got tickets and how much.

Someone was telling me recently that they liked watching from the high ground above turn one. Presumably they can see some of the straight, but can see the bikes around the southern loop and until they vanish somewhere around Siberia. There are big screens so that you can see what's happening while they are out of sight.

One local that went said he stayed in Melbourne and busses run to the track and back each day, they play the seasons GPs on the bus for entertainment.

Update - And here's the reply to my questions:

"I just bought my tickets through he Australia MotoGP website which takes you to Ticketek or the like. I bought day pass GA and also paddock pass just for race day. GA race day wasn’t too much, maybe $100 each and the paddock pass was $150 each. In my opinion paddock pass is a must, but maybe Saturday would be better to see more riders etc. They send you your paddock pass to your address. You can also access the bus tickets through the same website and ticketek etc. great bus trip there and back from the city. There are different times depending on when you want to go. After the race we only queued for about 5 mins for the bus to go back to Melbourne.
    I’d do it that way if they are travelers and happy to suss own accommodations and flights. It was easy as. I’d do it all over again this year if I had the $$"
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    motocompo
    If you're bussing in & out of Melbourne, be aware that it's over two hours each way.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    If you're bussing in & out of Melbourne, be aware that it's over two hours each way.
    That's OK the bars will still be open when you get back.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    And Melbourne itself is worth the visit(esp for the other half).Could find all sorts of accomodation options there
    went years ago we did some kind of tour thing where we actually camped somewhere on Philip island ,tents were already there when we arrived.A bus took us each day to the track and return was a 10 minute bus ride.General admission the first couple of days ,then we (was a group of us) decided where we wanted to be on race day. We all went in as a group as early as possible,and a couple of us actually ran to the spot we wanted while the rest of us bought all the gear we wanted.Nowadays i would probably di the same and risk seeing if you could buy a grandstand ticket for race day,you can still move about of course.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Fuk man back in the day Cowes went off. They'd block it off to traffic and bikes would pull wheelies up the hill. Food was great, and Isle of White pub was humming.
    They'd grease the light poles to stop people climbing up too far. They'd get on the buildings and do the dance of the flaming arseholes.
    Spent good night talking to Simon Crafter there both pissed as chooks. Was awesome.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Someone was telling me recently that they liked watching from the high ground above turn one. Presumably they can see some of the straight, but can see the bikes around the southern loop and until they vanish somewhere around Siberia. There are big screens so that you can see what's happening while they are out of sight.
    Yeah, it's a good place to watch. You can go right down to the fence on the inside of the corner, where you're only a few metres from the bikes. You really don't understand how scary that corner is watching on TV.

Bike
    Thank you for the replies. Hopefully we will be staying with the wife's relles who live on the island. Surprisingly hard to get official info on ticket prices for some reason.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Thank you for the replies. Hopefully we will be staying with the wife's relles who live on the island. Surprisingly hard to get official info on ticket prices for some reason.
    That lady I asked said how to do it. Had you followed her instructions you should have had success.

I found it: https://www.motogp.com.au/tickets/ge...ission/details

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That lady I asked said how to do it. Had you followed her instructions you should have had success.

I found it: https://www.motogp.com.au/tickets/ge...ission/details
    No, been there, done that, but no prices. Appreciate your efforts though. Could be me.....

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    No, been there, done that, but no prices. Appreciate your efforts though. Could be me.....
    go straight to moto gp site,and sign up for updates

Thread Information