Thread: 2008 KTM 530 EXC - Installing the electrical lighting kit

Bike
    KTM530EXC

2008 KTM 530 EXC - Installing the electrical lighting kit

I am trying to rebuild one decent bike from a 2008 and a 2009 KTM 530 EXC. One frame has rego so everything is going in that direction. I have a lighting kit - looks like factory KTM.

Has anyone done this before? Most of the connections are straight-forward but some are not. I have a manual with a wiring diagram, which has proven very useful.

As for the horn, indicator flasher relay (where to bolt it) or rear brake light switch connections (I have a short cable from the master cyl but it won't reach the loom - there must be an extra cable for this - I can easily make one - but where to connect it is the question): I can kind of guess where they go, but I wonder, is there a pictorial schematic online somewhere? One that say, has a pic of the front with all the wiring connectors labelled?

Once I have done, I could make one that is easy for people to see, but in the meantime ... I need one! Also, my bike seems to have two kill switches - one on the left, one on the right bar - is that normal? The speedo works but I can't get it to measure speed yet ...

Anyone done this already?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KTM530 half way there.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	341603  
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    I am trying to rebuild one decent bike from a 2008 and a 2009 KTM 530 EXC. One frame has rego so everything is going in that direction. I have a lighting kit - looks like factory KTM.

Has anyone done this before? Most of the connections are straight-forward but some are not. I have a manual with a wiring diagram, which has proven very useful.

As for the horn, indicator flasher relay (where to bolt it) or rear brake light switch connections (I have a short cable from the master cyl but it won't reach the loom - there must be an extra cable for this - I can easily make one - but where to connect it is the question): I can kind of guess where they go, but I wonder, is there a pictorial schematic online somewhere? One that say, has a pic of the front with all the wiring connectors labelled?

Once I have done, I could make one that is easy for people to see, but in the meantime ... I need one! Also, my bike seems to have two kill switches - one on the left, one on the right bar - is that normal? The speedo works but I can't get it to measure speed yet ...

Anyone done this already?
    Have a look at the parts Fiche
    https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts...0471#sch654732
    scan of manual here
    http://azoudange.info/preview/diagra...gram-16659.png
    Or here is a similar wiring diagram
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top-ktm-exc-headlight-wiring-diagram-16659.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	384.2 KB 
ID:	341605
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post