Thread: Yamaha Crash Repair Recommendations (Auckland)

Bike
    2019 BMW S1000XR

Support Yamaha Crash Repair Recommendations (Auckland)

Hi all

Had a bit of a whoops last week due to some diesel on a roundabout. I'm fine, though the bike ain't looking it's best. I'll need a new exhaust, clutch cover, crank cover and things like bar ends, etc.

I have lodged a claim with insurance, and they've advised I have the choice of repairer. Cyclespot are the Auckland dealer, so I'm tempted to go here, however I've had a read of their reviews and it seems their service department leaves a little to be desired.

Does anyone have any recommendations or am I just best to stick with Cyclespot? Bike is a '17 Yamaha MT-09.

Cheers.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    motorcycle doctors might be worth a look-in

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Being a '17, is it possibly still under warranty? Authorised dealer might be your best bet in that case to retain remaining warranty after repair.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by jfnz View Post
    Hi all

Had a bit of a whoops last week due to some diesel on a roundabout. I'm fine, though the bike ain't looking it's best. I'll need a new exhaust, clutch cover, crank cover and things like bar ends, etc.

I have lodged a claim with insurance, and they've advised I have the choice of repairer. Cyclespot are the Auckland dealer, so I'm tempted to go here, however I've had a read of their reviews and it seems their service department leaves a little to be desired.

Does anyone have any recommendations or am I just best to stick with Cyclespot? Bike is a '17 Yamaha MT-09.

Cheers.
    Mr Motorcycles in pukekohe is the other yamaha dealership in auckland,

Bike
    2019 Triumph Bobber
    I can add to this.

I needed my FZ6r servicing last October. Red Baron couldn't do this, presumably as they were on the last legs. So, I used Cyclespot's online booking system to book the bike in for a service - I'm still waiting for them to get back to me...

Bike has since been serviced at Experience Motorcycles in Kingsland, who did a fantastic job of the service. However, if you need parts, maybe a Yamaha dealer would be better.

Earlier this year, I was going through Pukekohe when I noticed Yamaha branding on Mr Motorcycles. So, when I needed to replace my stretched chain last month, I gave them a call and they did a good job of replacing it, and at a good price. Only issue (obviously) is the logistics of them being in Pukekohe; however, if you can get the bike there and get yourself sorted with logistics while the bike is off the road, they'll do a good job.

If logistics is an issue, maybe give somewhere like Experience a ring and see if they can order the parts despite not being a Yamaha dealer. If they can, might be worth a shot.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    I haven't had any issues with Cyclespot, so far - touch wood. They rang me to book it in after I filled in the online thingee. I suppose they should have told me my new bike would need a service (or at least asked some more questions to determine that) when I rang to book it for a "pre purchase" inspection, as going straight to the service would have saved me $150 (the service, a fortnight later, was $250).

I might take it to Blackwoods in Cambridge next time though, 1) I'm in Hamilton most weeks incl Fridays 2) Cambridge is easier and quicker to get to/from, than the North Shore to/from Newmarket (1hr10 to get it there and back to work, then 1hr30 to go pick it up... might have been easier just to wait for it to be done?!?).

Thread Information