Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motobatt Flateries

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Because the replacement warranty is better, and it's not a similar price in my experience.
    Yeah, I didn't realise the Yuasa warranty is only 6 months now.

The last Yuasa I bought was $20 more than the Motobatt, which was 3 years ago. It's still going strong.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Yeah, I didn't realise the Yuasa warranty is only 6 months now.

The last Yuasa I bought was $20 more than the Motobatt, which was 3 years ago. It's still going strong.
    The Yuasa warranty is still two years on a lot of their maintenance free batteries.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    The Yuasa warranty is still two years on a lot of their maintenance free batteries.
    According to their website, almost all of the motorbike batteries are 6 months.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    According to their website, almost all of the motorbike batteries are 6 months.
    where's the website based? some local warranties differ from international ones simply

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    where's the website based? some local warranties differ from international ones simply
    It's the NZ website. But I'm sure there was a 2 year warranty on the last Yuasa I bought.

Bike
    1981 yamaha XV1000

Battery.. TR1

Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Shorai, still Kicking the Ol Coal Burner (1000cc TR1, 1981 Jam Jar) over every time I hit the starter button, oh, yeah fixed the starter issues too, new 4 brush contactless starter motor and changed over the drive gears while we had it out, works first time evertime, which these days is a start up and ride (about 100K's) every six months or so! ON hold till 2021, then she becomes a cheapie for rego and I'll be aboard her a lot after that I'm sure.
    Looks like we have the same bikes (same year too). Motobatt just died in mine, 7months old, guy in palmy reckons his 'machine' will fix it, he better have a new one for me tomorrow, or I'll be royally-pissed. Should have known it was a dud from day one; wouldnt 'hold' under 1 amp when charged

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo TR1 View Post
    Looks like we have the same bikes (same year too). Motobatt just died in mine, 7months old, guy in palmy reckons his 'machine' will fix it, he better have a new one for me tomorrow, or I'll be royally-pissed. Should have known it was a dud from day one; wouldnt 'hold' under 1 amp when charged
    Yes! Anudda bloody idiot who has more money than sense.
    Na, not really it's taken 10 years to pull the ol girl apart and rebuild, replace or refurbish everything, except the bottom end!
    She's resides in front of the garage, under a cotton sheet and looks lovely.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Thread Information