Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB Suzuki Katana Popup GSX 750 SE

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries

WTB Suzuki Katana Popup GSX 750 SE

Anyone know of a Pop-Up Katana for sale anywhere? May consider the other Muth Katana's (or XN85 if someone has one) - but my hearts set on getting a pop-up one.
    I don't know why I have these feelings. But I feel I must own one in my life.
    Cheers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bikepics-1852965-984.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	339101
    Ignore the price - I just put a magic number in.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    I know no one gives a fuck. But I got one - so super excited to finally see it in the flesh. Right now its parked at my dads.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	515.5 KB 
ID:	341532

Also I just got the all clear from the docs. So the planets do align sometimes.

Background story : I got deathly sick last year, docs thought cancers. Turned out I became the first documented case at Yale of a patient who had burst appendix but none of the symptoms of appendicitis (and a body defeating the appendicitis, but killing me in the process).

All my symptoms led to cancer or lethal infection or both. It got bubbled up to the highest powers of doctors near me (re: Yale) and they still drew blanks after a million fucking horrible tests. Eventually found a lovely doc who just wanted to cut me up and poke around - at this point I was done so agreed. The "cancer" was infact my body fighting and trying to seal the infection. Remove all the bad shit and voila - a cure.

During this period I had 36 blood tests, 3 xrays, 3 CT scans, 2 MRI scans, 1 colonoscopy, 2 cystoscopy (this was the worst test - do not google, even though you are knocked out when it is performed, the days after are the shit of nightmares minus the pain) and lots of drugged dreams. In one of these drugged dreams, Dr House and Dr Hawkeye told me they had found a cure and I went to my dads house and he had a pop-up katana sitting in there and it was mine. The drugs were good. But it let me set a good distracting goal in that hospital bed. I would get better and I would have a pop-up katana.

I would call this mission accomplished.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    motocompo
    I give a fuck.
    Great that they found the problem & got you sorted.
    It could have been worse, imagine if the dream had been about a Yamaha XZ400.
    Katana is a cool bike, sadly nothing 4 stroke with a 16 inch front wheel has a strong classic following yet, it's sure to come.
    Ps, rub the wheels with WD40.

Bike
    NC30s
    Very cool bike, and glad to hear that your health issues had a happy ending. That must have been bloody terrifying.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    I know no one gives a fuck. But I got one - so super excited to finally see it in the flesh. Right now its parked at my dads.

cool, i give a fuck too, i never liked the early katanas other manufaturers had spent time merging tank tail peice and sidecovers into one and the kat went the old style way, when theses came out they were so much better looking. probabaly suffer from suzuki electrical gremlins of the day but knowledge is well documented about that so not hard to sort.

Bike
    Sold
    G'day Stu - good to see you posting and like everyone else, delighted to hear about your recovery

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    She's yours mate and you're here to enjoy her, so! Get to it. Lets see her pimped to the max and you smiling like a bloody cheshire Kat, see what i did there.
    Good news all around.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    husaberg
    Glad to hear you have came through okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Goodonyer after getting through all that restoring the Kat will be a walk in the park. www.thegsresources.com will be a help
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I know this is heresy but I prefer the look of the pop up lights to the earlier fixed one. And according to an article I read, Hans Muth wanted the original (BMW or Guzzi I think) design to have a popup but they went yeah nah too expensive... as did Suzuki.

The only "classic" Katana I like is the Jay Lawrence ridden one done by Suzuki GB I think. Mr S Bob knows a bit about it.

PS - lest I seem churlish - congrats on getting over what sounds like an awful health thing.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    wicked! stay well !

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Interesting there is a following for the pop-up versions. It's nice we are all different.

Bike
    Ducati 748R
    I have a friend with one of these old girls, he has had it for 20ish years... and I have to work to get away from him on a more modern superbike! I must say, it does track nicely. It's hard work to ride but rather rewarding when you get it right.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by layton View Post
    I have a friend with one of these old girls, he has had it for 20ish years... and I have to work to get away from him on a more modern superbike! I must say, it does track nicely. It's hard work to ride but rather rewarding when you get it right.
    The only real issue would be 16 inch front tyres perhaps? I think a few manufacturers still make them (like 18's)... maybe not in the primo sportbike rubber compounds?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    The only real issue would be 16 inch front tyres perhaps? I think a few manufacturers still make them (like 18's)... maybe not in the primo sportbike rubber compounds?
    Bridgestone BT45 is the go to for the front of the 16 inch Katana.

Thread Information