Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Lawrence TT 2019

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    It's nice but shit the price....Picking up my bucket tank on Tuesday. I'll post pics of the NZ$120 worth of welding.
    Without seeing it, I'm pretty sure it'll match that one for quality.

I'm sure there are people around the IOM paddock who haven't paid that much for big tanks.
    I got a sidecar tank made for $250, even if this one was ten times harder to make its still too expensive.
    Got to pay Marquez with something I guess.

Bike
    motocompo
    Tonights practice cancelled due to rain.
    Will be running early afternoon tomorrow weather permitting.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Wish Jay the best of luck and give him a big kiss for me
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I got a sidecar tank made for $250, even if this one was ten times harder to make its still too expensive.
    Got to pay Marquez with something I guess.
    Pretty sure he gets paid in pesos.
    I think its a fair bit harder to get a ride if you were not feed Paella as a kid.
    Oddly Most the Honda money seems to come from the spanish Repsol at the moment

12K and half the tank isnt painted and they didnt even smooth off the top welds
    Beautiful though, i would have suspected it was made in a country where they have vinegar on their chips rather than soy sauce on their noodles though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    motocompo
    Did four laps this afternoon before the rear tyre had enough.
    119mph from a standing start on the first lap.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...04150802985884
    Maybe someone smarter than me can copy & paste that to kb.

Bike
    moped
    Thats a great start, well done Jay, Steve and the Team, we really appreciate and look forward to your updates, may the sun keep on shining

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    All the Best guys - safe and fast
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    husaberg
    Did four laps this afternoon before the rear tyre had enough.
    119mph from a standing start on the first lap.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...04150802985884
    Maybe someone smarter than me can copy & paste that to kb.
    Jay Lawrence Racing is with Jay Lawrence and Daniel Mettam.
    13 hrs ·
    First session of the 2019 #IOMTT is complete! The weather came right just in time, but the wind was still strong across the mountain. Although Jay is not considered a newcomer because of his stint on the Team Classic Suzuki Katana at the 2018 Classic TT, he was allowed to practice as a newcomer due to only completing 9 laps of the course prior to this event.
    Tonight we managed four laps in total - one speed controlled lap behind the legendary Milky Quayle, then three more laps at speed. We ended the session with 122.09mph from a standing start.
    We have to say a massive thank you to Kevin and Ryan Cringle who were kind enough to loan their Superstock GSXR1000 while the Buildbase Suzuki bikes were still working hard at Donington Park. Along with James Powell and my right-hand man Steve Bryan, they donated their time, effort (and equipment) to make everything run smoothly today.
    As always, thanks to Carl Cox Motorsport, TSS Motorcycles, Motorcycling New Zealand Inc, and everyone else who is sending messages of support from all around the world. A special thanks goes out to husaberg who took the 3 minutes and showed his 93 year old grandmother how to copy and post the text off the Facebook page onto KB
    SUZUKI
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jay.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	341934
    Kiwi newcomer Jay Lawrence will be making his debut at the 2019 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy under the Buildbase Suzuki banner, with Carl Cox Motorsport support.
    Lawrence joins an eclectic group of supported riders for this year’s races, where Carl will also bring the event to a close with a special show in the paddock after the Dunlop Senior TT Race.

After his introduction to the Isle of Man course at the Classic TT Races presented by Bennetts last year, the Wellington rider is making the step up to the prestigious main event; riding Suzuki GSX-R1000 machinery in the Superbike and Superstock classes.

The link with Suzuki is strong for Lawrence, having won the legendary Cemetery Circuit races in New Zealand on a GSX-R and riding a Suzuki Katana prepared by Team Classic Suzuki at last year’s Classic TT. After only a few laps of practice, the Kiwi rider logged 21st in the RST Classic TT Superbike Race. As big fans of the competitive classic racing scene, Carl Cox Motorsport have also supported riders and teams at the Philip Island Classic for several years with a special XR69.

With the partnership with Bennetts Suzuki announced today, at the start of the North West 200 International, Jay and Carl Cox Motorsport Manager Gavin Sokolich have travelled over to get to know the renowned squad before testing ahead of the TT.

Carl Cox Motorsport have a strong stable of supported riders lined up for this year’s Road Racing season, supporting Michael Dunlop and his MD Racing effort, the Milenco Padgetts team of Conor Cummins and Davey Todd, sidecar legend David Molyneux and Harry Payne, plus fellow sidecar competitors Greg Lambert and Ben McBride.

Carl Cox continues to express his love for all things TT related, being in attendance at the event throughout race week before closing this year’s event, alongside Gavin Sokolich on Friday 7th June in a sold out show in the VIP hospitality unit in the TT paddock.

Jay Lawrence explained: “It was great to get those first laps at the Island under my belt with Team Classic Suzuki but now it’s the real deal. I have to thank Carl Cox again for supporting me and the fantastic opportunity we have with Buildbase Suzuki / Hawk Racing who have such a strong TT pedigree. I’m looking forward to getting to know them better and spin some laps, before we head across to the Island in a few weeks time. I’ve always loved street courses like the Cemetery Circuit back in NZ but of course the TT is the absolute pinnacle for me and many road racers. I’m under no illusion as to the size of the learning curve needed and the strength of the competition… but we have to start somewhere!”

Steve Hicken, Buildbase Suzuki team manager added: “It’s a different approach to the TT for us this year, but something we’re looking forward to all the same. Jay’s got an impressive CV, Suzuki GSX-R1000R experience, and has already completed laps of the TT course so we’re not starting from scratch. He’s going to be coming in with his own goals, and if we can help him have a safe couple of weeks and improve his pace every time he goes out, it’ll be a successful couple of weeks.”

Carl Cox commented: “We are big fans of the TT and the warriors that take it on every year, so it’s great to be able to support Jay, who we’ve enjoyed working with for many years in New Zealand. He has put in his homework and had a first run out at last year’s Classic TT but this will be a very different proposition and we thank Buildbase Suzuki / Hawk Racing for this opportunity.”
    Find out more about the team on their official website and keep up to date with the action on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
    Tickets for the 2019 events are now on sale via the Official iomttraces.com website including Official Grandstand Tickets, VIP Hospitality Experiences, and Official Entertainment Events. You can stay up to date with all the latest TT news by subscribing to the Official Isle of Man TT Races Newsletter
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    motocompo
    Thanks must go to Husa, who is clearly posting from a much larger device than me & has a bit more time on his hands currently.

Bike
    motocompo
    The Hawk Buildbase guys have turned up with their beautifully prepared superstock bike today.
    Unfortunately tonight's practice was cancelled due to a downpour near start time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190527_144317.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	841.6 KB 
ID:	341937  

Bike
    Exercycle
    25 X 3mm alloy strip....the bike builders friend. Even at this level.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Things going not great for Daniel.

Heal up fast that man.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Things going not great for Daniel.

Heal up fast that man.
    Yeah, it wasn't really my thing to mention, but although his campaign is over for this year he's going to be ok.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    25 X 3mm alloy strip....the bike builders friend. Even at this level.
    I think its actually inch by 1/8th

Bike
    Exercycle
    I think its actually inch by 1/8th
    Poms and their obsolete measuring systems. I blame Brexit.

Thread Information