Thread: Riding jackets for skinny people

Bike
    Tuono 660, Suzuki SV650 racebike

Riding jackets for skinny people

I'm tired of my riding jackets puffing up full of air when I ride because I cant fill them out. (yes, I've tried the pie and milk shake diet )
    If I get something that fits my meager chest and waist measurements then the arms are too short.
    Anyone got any recommendations of good slim fit gear?
    Ps. I'm a guy, well last time I checked I was.

Bike
    2004 SV650S
    You're going to hate my suggestion but have a look at some womens specific gear. My Daughter is a Tall size 8 and we have found stuff to fit her perfectly.
    102° Rx = + /_\

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by babysteps View Post
    You're going to hate my suggestion but have a look at some womens specific gear. My Daughter is a Tall size 8 and we have found stuff to fit her perfectly.
    Nah that's cool, I did think of that myself. I've bought womens thermals before just quietly. As long as there's no pink or flowery bits on the jacket then it could be a go.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Try and find one with heaps of individual adjustment straps and cinch them down to suit-The One Tonne dual is on special at the moment and is good value-would suit your cold climate (and prolly your body shape)

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Find one that fitts your upper body and get a decent taylor to adjust the mid/waist to suit.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Try and find one with heaps of individual adjustment straps and cinch them down to suit-The One Tonne dual is on special at the moment and is good value-would suit your cold climate (and prolly your body shape)
    Thanks, had a look at the website. Looks like special is finished but that's minor detail. They do look like good value for money. I'm going to keep chasing a slim fit at this stage. Making Dr google my friend

Bike
    xt660r
    I'll be interested to see what you come up with as i'm pretty much in the same situation. currently looking at sport-style jackets as they fit a bit closer.
    any of the touring type ones are waay to bulky, and too long so they push up when i'm riding

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Dainese. I'm tall and slim and the jacket I have fits perfectly, unlike Revit.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Dainese. I'm tall and slim and the jacket I have fits perfectly, unlike Revit.
    I did read that about Dainese. What model have you got? textile or leather? Currently I have a large (to get arm length) Dri rider and it's like a maternity dress.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern scratcher View Post
    I did read that about Dainese. What model have you got? textile or leather? Currently I have a large (to get arm length) Dri rider and it's like a maternity dress.
    It's a size 56 Avro, which is leather.

I'm 1.85 m and 88 kg if that helps. I usually struggle with arm length in jackets, but the Dainese is perfect for me. It's a very snug fit - I'd guess it would still fit well even at say 83 kg.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Drink more beer!!! Works on me!!

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    It's a size 56 Avro, which is leather.

I'm 1.85 m and 88 kg if that helps. I usually struggle with arm length in jackets, but the Dainese is perfect for me. It's a very snug fit - I'd guess it would still fit well even at say 83 kg.
    Cheers for that. I'm buying textile these days for its water resistance, most important in the deep south!
    I'm a bit of a special case size wise: 1.78m tall and only 60kg. And I drink a bit of beer too Murray

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern scratcher View Post
    Cheers for that. I'm buying textile these days for its water resistance, most important in the deep south!
    I'm a bit of a special case size wise: 1.78m tall and only 60kg. And I drink a bit of beer too Murray
    Dainese have plenty of textile options.

Good luck, not sure if you'll find anything off the shelf that will fit well.

It might be worth a call to somewhere like Revzilla in the US. Mericans come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

Thread Information