Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 hour ride from Auckland CBD

Bike
    R100GSPD
    i beleive that having the bike under throttle makes them more stable in the wind so if you know you are about to get hit by a wind gust just open the throttle a bit

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro2018 View Post
    so I'm finally learning to dress myself properly compared to previous trips when I've got dangerously cold a long way from home
    great to hear.

I remember a very very wet and cold rider getting off his bike dripping wet after a couple of hours on the road. The weather did turn much nicer later.

I was so thankful I had remembered to pack the raincoat.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    motocompo
    Anyway, I still own 2x ST1100 and my wife keeps walking into the garage and asking why I have two identical bikes.
    Oh? I'd assumed this taking a lady for a ride in Auckland thing was some kind of a semi blind date.
    How wrong assumptions can be.

Bike
    Niken, Hypermotard, ST1100, F650, Evoke
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Oh? I'd assumed this taking a lady for a ride in Auckland thing was some kind of a semi blind date.
    How wrong assumptions can be.
    Wife refuses to get on the back of a bike, so I lure other friends onto the back.
    Slim, pre-trained girls are ideal. All the guys I know either own bikes and won't relinquish control or are chicken shit and won't get on a bike with me (is that telling me something?)
    Somehow, the girls I know seem to be more trusting/adventurous/suicidal. Who knows.
    It's always nice to be cuddled by a nice girl for a few hours without having to talk to them (have I just described the nearly ideal girlfriend ?)
    Did I mention I don't have any comms, I think that would annoy or distract me, so won't be getting comms. Save the small talk for the lunch stop.

Bike
    motocompo
    Wife refuses to get on the back of a bike, so I lure other friends onto the back.
    Slim, pre-trained girls are ideal. All the guys I know either own bikes and won't relinquish control or are chicken shit and won't get on a bike with me (is that telling me something?)
    Somehow, the girls I know seem to be more trusting/adventurous/suicidal. Who knows.
    It's always nice to be cuddled by a nice girl for a few hours without having to talk to them (have I just described the nearly ideal girlfriend ?)
    Did I mention I don't have any comms, I think that would annoy or distract me, so won't be getting comms. Save the small talk for the lunch stop.
    It seems your rules are the complete opposite to mine,
    Im allowed as many bikes as i want, but if i started carting random lasses about on the back of my bike of a weekend im pretty sure my wife would punch me in the cock.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Having 2 bikes didn't go down well, maybe because I forgot to mention buying the 2nd one. But my wife seems happy for me to ride as much as I want.

But I can't see taking a "slim, pre-trained girl" on the back as an option somehow.

Thread Information