Thread: buying a bike in the USA from NZ

Bike
    07 KLX300r 08 BMW R 1200 GS, f800gs

buying a bike in the USA from NZ

Hi Has anybody had any experience buying a motorbike via the internet (cycle trader) changing the title over and having the bike shipped to another location . Is this possible to do remotely from NZ or do you need to be there in person also if you do this and have plates from a different state than the bike will reside in is this a problem or does the bike need to be reregistered in the state the bike resides in so what I'm getting at does buying a bike out of state create long term problems.

I,m thinking of owning a bike in the USA and travelling over yearly to do some riding any experience would be interesting to hear.
    also what are the onroad costs

Bike
    ZXR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bams View Post
    Hi Has anybody had any experience buying a motorbike via the internet (cycle trader) changing the title over and having the bike shipped to another location . Is this possible to do remotely from NZ or do you need to be there in person gimp freejobalert notepad++ also if you do this and have plates from a different state than the bike will reside in is this a problem or does the bike need to be reregistered in the state the bike resides in so what I'm getting at does buying a bike out of state create long term problems.

I,m thinking of owning a bike in the USA and travelling over yearly to do some riding any experience would be interesting to hear.
    also what are the onroad costs
    I am also looking for the same. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Oliver

Thread Information