Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another South Island Trip Report

Bike
    Tuono 660, Suzuki SV650 racebike
    Great report chap, as a Southener I know these roads so enjoyed the read. March is generally good down here as you found out.
    Sounds like you found all the good roads, possibly missed the Arthurs and Lewis passes but you cant do everything eh.
    Was impressed that you rode the route from Ettrick (south of Roxburgh) through to Riversdale. This is one of my regular haunts, there's next to no traffic (or cops) on it apart from the odd cocky on a 4 wheeler or tractor .
    And yes, the corners on the Cadrona range are very well engineered indeed But, like the Milford road, it's hard to get a good run at it in summer unless you get up at sparrow fart.
    Nice one, glad you enjoyed our back yard.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern scratcher View Post
    Great report chap, as a Southener I know these roads so enjoyed the read. March is generally good down here as you found out.
    Sounds like you found all the good roads, possibly missed the Arthurs and Lewis passes but you cant do everything eh.
    Was impressed that you rode the route from Ettrick (south of Roxburgh) through to Riversdale. This is one of my regular haunts, there's next to no traffic (or cops) on it apart from the odd cocky on a 4 wheeler or tractor .
    And yes, the corners on the Cadrona range are very well engineered indeed But, like the Milford road, it's hard to get a good run at it in summer unless you get up at sparrow fart.
    Nice one, glad you enjoyed our back yard.
    Really enjoyed the southern hospitality(and roads) and remember why I enjoyed living down your way in the 80s, great people
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    Sold
    Great report Steve! I havent been down south since 2007 . Apart from the puncture, how did your Road Attacks handle the trip?

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Great report Steve! I havent been down south since 2007 . Apart from the puncture, how did your Road Attacks handle the trip?
    Thanks Geoff, the Road Attacks went really well, turns in nice and heaps of traction wet and dry, I haven't tried them in standing
    water yet, but are very impressed so far.

picture with approx. 6500km on rear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190323_175225.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	909.1 KB 
ID:	342179  

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    Thanks Geoff, the Road Attacks went really well, turns in nice and heaps of traction wet and dry, I haven't tried them in standing
    water yet, but are very impressed so far.

picture with approx. 6500km on rear.
    That's excellent Steve, given the Torque Monster qualities of your bike and the grippy surfaces of SI roads.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Great report Steve! I havent been down south since 2007
    I feel a roadie coming on

Thread Information