Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Identify These Wheels

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Here's a couple more pics of different bikes wearing the same fairing from google images.
    I still have no idea what brand it is.
    Any more suggestions would be welcomed.
    Well the first pic says rickman.............
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Dunstall? though I googled and they dont look quite right neither
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Exercycle
    Possibly Dresda. They did a frame kit for the CB750 which was recognised and accepted for production racing - for a while anyway. They offered various fairings for that and for the 750 generally. The one on "your" bike looks like the one on an IOM raced Dresda 750 shown in a mag I've got.

I still stand by the wheels being Lesters - look at the disc, the man had a Black and Decker and wasn't afraid to use it....

Bike
    motocompo
    Thanks again Husa & all.
    I didn't notice the Rickman sticker on the fairing until you pointed it out.
    Here it is, you can still buy it new.
    http://airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/Rickmancr.htm
    It's called a Rickman CR short fairing - Street.

Bike
    suzuki
    whose the nz rickman agent?

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    whose the nz rickman agent?

I don't need a fairing, I'm about to own a very nice red one quite soon.

Bike
    motocompo
    I've finally stitched a deal together on this bike, which I haven't seen in the flesh for 40 years.
    The story goes like this.
    When I was a 13 year old, my older brother worked at a mower & chainsaw shop, on the same site that is now occupied by Bayride motorcycles.
    He was the apprentice & his foreman was a guy in his late 20's that owned this actual bike. I thought this bike was possibly the coolest bike in the world, if not then very close to it. after I turned 16 he had sold the bike & I can't remember what he rode after that, or if he rode at all, but I approached him to find out where the bike had gone, he had no idea & claimed that he couldn't remember the rego number either. Maybe he just didn't want me to kill myself on it.
    At that point I considered it lost & bought a CB750k2 & tried to kill myself on that instead, the crash pics are still around somewhere.
    A few years later a guy responded to an ad I had up for a Mazda B1600 I had for sale, It was the same guy that had been the owner of the bike, he bought the ute & once again I quizzed him about the F1, once again a dead end.
    Then around four years ago, I logged onto trademe & there was what I thought was the same bike, I asked about the ownership history & sure enough, it was the same bike, which had been beautifully restored by a guy called Roger, from Hastings Honda.
    I dropped the ball on that one & the bike disappeared again, but this time I had a rego number from the pics.
    I tried to forget about it until recently, when a mate was selling his car yard & I got him to run the plate to see if I could turn up the owner, he gave me a name & I got my wife to have a look for people by that name on Facebook, there was one guy by that name that I thought looked right, so she sent him a message, asking if he had that bike & to contact my phn if he did.
    Around a month went by with nothing, I thought that was the end of that again, then one morning I got a txt saying that "yes I do own the bike & it could be for sale"
    Meanwhile I had gone to the other side of the world for seven weeks to the TT & so on.
    On my return about a week ago we nailed a deal together & Biketranz will be picking it up from Christchurch next week.
    I haven't seen the bike for around 40 years, but Roger that restored it assures me that I won't be dissapointed.
    Talking to Roger yesterday, he had traced its history to the London Motorcycle show 1975. It was a special, built for the Honda stand at the show & he talked me through all the mods that had been done to it, some not so obvious & quite labour intensive.
    He also restored it with hi comp Pistons, a big valve head & a decent cam & by all accounts it goes much better than it stops now.
    I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a bike showing up this much, I believe this is the bike that created the direction my life went in, as far as hobby & lifestyle goes.
    Thanks to the people that identified the bits on it. Once the names of the wheels & fairing came up I realised they were stored away in the back of my mind for 40 years & sounded familiar in relation to this bike.
    Will post a few more pics when it shows up.
    Oh, and a side bonus, classic rego $100 a year.

Bike
    suzuki
    I've finally stitched a deal together on this bike, which I haven't seen in the flesh for 40 years.
    The story goes like this.
    When I was a 13 year old, my older brother worked at a mower & chainsaw shop, the same site that is now occupied by Bayride motorcycles.
    He was the apprentice & his foreman was a guy in his late 20's that owned this actual bike. I thought this bike was possibly the coolest bike in the world, if not then very close to it. after I turned 16 he had sold the bike & I can't remember what he rode after that, or if he rode at all, but I approached him to find out where the bike had gone, he had no idea & claimed that he couldn't remember the rego number either. Maybe he just didn't want me to kill myself on it.
    At that point I considered it lost & bought a CB750k2 & tried to kill myself on that instead, the crash pics are still around somewhere.
    A few years later a guy responded to an ad I had up for a Mazda B1600 I had for sale, It was the same guy that had been the owner of the bike, he bought the ute & once again I quizzed him about the F1, once again a dead end.
    Then around four years ago, I logged onto trademe & there was what I thought was the same bike, I asked about the ownership history & sure enough, it was the same bike, which had been beautifully restored by a guy called Roger, from Hastings Honda.
    I dropped the ball on that one & the bike disappeared again, but this time I had a rego number from the pics.
    I tried to forget about it until recently, when a mate was selling his car yard & I got him to run the plate to see if I could turn up the owner, he gave me a name & I got my wife to have a look for people by that name on Facebook, there was one guy by that name that I thought looked right, so she sent him a message, asking if he had that bike & to contact my phn if he did.
    Around a month went by with nothing, I thought that was the end of that again,then one morning I got a txt saying that "yes I do own the bike & it could be for sale"
    Meanwhile I had gone to the other side of the world for seven weeks to the TT & so on.
    On my return about a week ago we nailed a deal together & Biketranz will be picking it up from Christchurch next week.
    I haven't seen the bike for around 40 years, but Roger that restored it assures me that I won't be dissapointed.
    Talking to Roger yesterday, he had traced its history to the London Motorcycle show 1975. It was a special, built for the show & he talked me through all the mods that had been done to it, some not so obvious & quite labour intensive.
    He also restored it with hi comp Pistons, a big valve head & a decent cam & by all accounts it goes much better than it stops now.
    I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a bike showing up this much, I believe this is the bike that created the direction my life went in, as far as hobby & lifestyle goes.
    Thanks to the people that identified the bits on it. Once the names of the wheels & fairing came up I realised they were stored away in the back of my mind for 40 years & sounded familiar in relation to this bike.
    Will post a few more pics when it shows up.
    Oh, and a side bonus, classic rego $100 a year.
    there used to be an old SOHC 750 in wanganui called dragula, it was a dream bike, custom built from new, some years later i worked with one barry smith who had built it, and unlike others had brought it new and then hotrodded it rather than crashed it ripped the bits off and called it a streetfighter..., your father in law would remember it, i'd often thought of trying to trace it's whereabouts if it still exists but really don't need another distratction.

Bike
    motocompo
    I finally landed this bike in Tauranga yesterday thanks to the teamwork of Biketranz.
    It's the first time I've seen it for 40 years & is in absolutely stunning condition.
    I've removed the pack frame & brackets & the engine bars, they don't go with anything else the bike is about.
    Pic is also pre wash & polish.
    The bar end mirrors are a bit cheap.
    I will be ordering up a pair of these ones shortly.
    https://classicpartsltd.com/classic-...nd-mirror.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190702_130302.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	777.6 KB 
ID:	342342  

Bike
    husaberg
    I finally landed this bike in Tauranga yesterday thanks to the teamwork of Biketranz.
    It's the first time I've seen it for 40 years & is in absolutely stunning condition.
    I've removed the pack frame & brackets & the engine bars, they don't go with anything else the bike is about.
    it needs the finned inspection caps for the rockers. to match the finned ignition cover pretty sure all the honda four ones were the same size for the rocker caps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HONDA-CB350-CB400F-CB550-CB750-qty-8-Finned-_1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	342343 https://picclick.com/HONDA-CB350-CB4...089204288.html
    ps i see casting flash on the inner spokes of the wheels the previous owner was highly skilled with the dremil t replicate that.........
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    it needs the finned inspection caps for the rockers. to match the finned ignition cover pretty sure all the honda four ones were the same size for the rocker caps.

Name:	HONDA-CB350-CB400F-CB550-CB750-qty-8-Finned-_1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	342343https://picclick.com/HONDA-CB350-CB400F-CB550-CB750-qty-8-Finned-231089204288.html
    ps i see casting flash on the inner spokes of the wheels the previous owner was highly skilled with the dremil t replicate that.........
    I can see the tappet plugs look standard in the pics, but it has a full set of eight multi finned ones.
    Those cambray wheels are amazing quality.
    If anyone did such a half arsed job of removing the flash these days they would be shot with a ball of their own shit.
    Having said that I'd say the front one was made closer to mid week that the rear, that dude was having a really bad day.

Bike
    suzuki
    The bar end mirrors are a bit cheap.
    I will be ordering up a pair of these ones shortly.
    https://classicpartsltd.com/classic-...nd-mirror.html
    it seems the bar end mirrors like on there have all gone the same way, i have a number of these spanning about fifty years of fitment, old stuff good, new stuff all the same supplier and poor, hope the small round ones haven't gone down the same path.
    have even got some NOS black chrome suzuki ones from the gs450s days.

Bike
    husaberg
    I can see the tappet plugs look standard in the pics, but it has a full set of eight multi finned ones.
    Those cambray wheels are amazing quality.
    If anyone did such a half arsed job of removing the flash these days they would be shot with a ball of their own shit.
    Having said that I'd say the front one was made closer to mid week that the rear, that dude was having a really bad day.
    So does the rear have a cush drive?
    Speaking of Fridays I stripped down a Yamaha RD frame and was amazed at how much mig wire was poking oiut of the std weld. Never seen a Honda like that.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    it seems the bar end mirrors like on there have all gone the same way, i have a number of these spanning about fifty years of fitment, old stuff good, new stuff all the same supplier and poor, hope the small round ones haven't gone down the same path.
    have even got some NOS black chrome suzuki ones from the gs450s days.
    Read the link put up for those ones, they refuse to let price get in the way of good quality, refreshing in this age.
    From their page:
    Made in England-
    The majority of engineered products these days are manufactured overseas, it is without a doubt the most cost effective way of producing a product with a viable profit margin. In most cases this has a visible effect on the quality of the finished product. Halcyon are proud to still be able to manufacture our key products in the UK, we know that we cannot compete on price with the overseas copies, but our philosophy – “Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten” has kept us in business for over 40 years.

Husa, I havent a clue how to multi quote, yeah, it does have a Cush.
    Obviously I'm very happy that the same wheels are there that were on it in the day, more than any other wheel it could have on it. But if Cambray went broke they deserved to.

Bike
    husaberg
    Read the link put up for those ones, they refuse to let price get in the way of good quality, refreshing in this age.
    From their page:
    Made in England-
    The majority of engineered products these days are manufactured overseas, it is without a doubt the most cost effective way of producing a product with a viable profit margin. In most cases this has a visible effect on the quality of the finished product. Halcyon are proud to still be able to manufacture our key products in the UK, we know that we cannot compete on price with the overseas copies, but our philosophy ? ?Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten? has kept us in business for over 40 years.

Husa, I havent a clue how to multi quote, yeah, it does have a Cush.
    Obviously I'm very happy that the same wheels are there that were on it in the day, more than any other wheel it could have on it. But if Cambray went broke they deserved to.

Name:	Multiquote.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	427.7 KB 
ID:	342353
    tick so the arrow appears then tick reply with quote on the last one.
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information