Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Act is going to have to up it's game for the future. The young conservative in the article below shows they have serious competition coming from national. A cheap shot bullying liar - one to watch for the future to be sure.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ung-nats-house

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Act is going to have to up it's game for the future. The young conservative in the article below shows they have serious competition coming from national. A cheap shot bullying liar - one to watch for the future to be sure.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ung-nats-house
    He's apparently regarded as the latest in a long line. The most recent that comes to mind was the drunk 'Do you know who I am' dude. He eventually got the arse. Before that there was something about a young bloke running naked from a house in the middle of the night.

Was listening to a British poltical podcast. It was pointed out that polling shows Tories have little support among the young. Their answer is to get the young Tories out and about. One of the pundits said something like, Have you ever met a young Tory? They are truly awful people.

If you think about it, it's apparent why that could be the case. It's probably not so different here, but National generally keep them under tight rein.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    He's apparently regarded as the latest in a long line. The most recent that comes to mind was the drunk 'Do you know who I am' dude. He eventually got the arse. Before that there was something about a young bloke running naked from a house in the middle of the night.

Was listening to a British poltical podcast. It was pointed out that polling shows Tories have little support among the young. Their answer is to get the young Tories out and about. One of the pundits said something like, Have you ever met a young Tory? They are truly awful people.

If you think about it, it's apparent why that could be the case. It's probably not so different here, but National generally keep them under tight rein.
    From my experience, there are very few 'Young Tories', but there are a good number of people who see the current set of double-standards and are happy to use any means and methods to expose the hypocrisy of the double standard.

In the latter group, you do get a large number of people who lack social graces, are angry and have a loki-esque desire for Mischief. 4Chan and their 'It's okay to be white' or 'Islam is right about Women' campaigns are a perfect example of this - both of which in a few short words cut right to the heart of a number of internal contradictions in the prevailing left-wing narrative.

And they are not above being Mean and Nasty (just like everyone else is Mean and Nasty to them).

One look at what Jordan Peterson is doing is the answer to get Conservative support increased in the Younger generation - give them a Call to Adventure, to be the individual and master of their domain - however, in order for that to happen, the Conservatives might have to actually be conservative for a moment...
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The most recent that comes to mind was the drunk 'Do you know who I am' dude. He eventually got the arse.
    Muldoon???

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

One look at what Jordan Peterson is doing is the answer to get Conservative support increased in the Younger generation - give them a Call to Adventure, to be the individual and master of their domain - however, in order for that to happen, the Conservatives might have to actually be conservative for a moment...
    Is there any Government in the World right now doing conservative politics justice? Which country with a conservative party currently in power is the current poster child for the movement?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Is there any Government in the World right now doing conservative politics justice? Which country with a conservative party currently in power is the current poster child for the movement?
    Closest IMO would be Ron DeSantis - Admittedly not a Country - but so far he's been very clear on individual freedom and liberty and he's been excellent on the Anti-Woke stuff.

There's a few individual politicians doing a good job - Saint Seymour, Kemi Badendock, Trump etc. But on the balance of things, there are very few noteworthy Conservative Politicians.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Muldoon???
    No, some MP on the piss at Hanmer Springs IIRC. Aaron Gilmore was his name.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/rude-m...6QSDNKYHUEPCM/
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300...-aaron-gilmore
    Wonder what he needed the money for? Lol, what a piece of work this guy is, wonder which party he will pop up in next?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300...-aaron-gilmore
    Wonder what he needed the money for? Lol, what a piece of work this guy is, wonder which party he will pop up in next?
    Oh it gets better taken to court over an unpaid loan
    By his Mum and Dad
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/127...er-250000-loan

[Disgraced former MP Aaron Gilmore has been taken to court by his parents over an unpaid loan worth more than $250,000.

Gilmore appeared in the High Court at Christchurch on February 24 before Associate Judge Dale Lester via audio link from Wellington for a summary judgment. A summary judgment is a procedure that allows a plaintiff to obtain a judgment from the court without going through a full trial.

The request for a summary judgment was filed by his parents, Garry and Kay Gilmore, relating to a $257,000 loan from 2018.
    Stuff contacted Gilmore for comment following the hearing.

He said it was a “private family matter”“The reason why this hearing is occurring is because my parents wanted someone to report this process. My parents are in the wrong here.”
    but wait there is more
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/111...ful-email?rm=a
    Former National MP Aaron Gilmore is in hot water again, with an ex employee contemplating further legal action after he referred to her as a "sad, pathetic, childless" woman.

In December, Gilmore was warned that he faced the threat of a jail term if his company Mighty Rocket Properties failed to pay former employee Amanda High a settlement reached as part of an employment dispute.

I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Closest IMO would be Ron DeSantis - Admittedly not a Country - but so far he's been very clear on individual freedom and liberty and he's been excellent on the Anti-Woke stuff.

There's a few individual politicians doing a good job - Saint Seymour, Kemi Badendock, Trump etc. But on the balance of things, there are very few noteworthy Conservative Politicians.
    Kemi Badendock looks promising, I've already said I respect David Seymour despite not agreeing with much of what he says. As for Trump and bully boy DeSantis, You are entitled to your opinion.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Kemi Badendock looks promising, I've already said I respect David Seymour despite not agreeing with much of what he says. As for Trump and bully boy DeSantis, You are entitled to your opinion.
    I'm surprised at how graciously you took the bait. Although one of the reasons I included them is how unrepentently forceful they are on certain issues - which is what many so-called 'Conservatives' fail at.

By their actions they seem to think Conservatism is merely doing what Labour did, but run properly.

But I digress.

There's alos Liz Truss who is occassionally onto something, JRM on some issues, not so much others. Nigel Farrage depending on whether you consider him to still be in Politics.

There are a good number of Conservative/Libertarian commentators though.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    husaberg
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information