Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: soemthing to do with floowing too close maybe?

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    (A) Open road driving skills are generally abysmal. Not sure if they are taught at all when people learn to drive?

(B) What annoys me most when I'm driving is people travelling just below the limit who follow the car in front, make no attempt to overtake and leave no gap, especially if it's a truck.

Highway 27 is a nightmare. I avoid it as much as possible.
    A... very good point, compleatly different skills to town driving
    B... and that brings you to me... im that prick that passes the lot at once cos no one will pass, they toot they flash then they email the boss cos im in a sign writen car... FUCK
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Yep - On the South Island this is particularly prevalent and the stretch of SH1 heading South from Picton being a classic example of where you see this. Thankfully there are a few overtaking spots away from the passing lanes which you need to utilise on a bike if you want to avoid this sort of crappy driving.
    I deliver new tractors and equipment all over the Blenheim Malbougher region. As the driver of these slow machines, the frustration goes both ways. Keeping to the left is not easy a lot of the time, running on the edge of the seal can be a challenge when the steering at "speed" in some tractors has a lot to be desired. The most infuriating thing is drivers who stay behind you when you give them room, But just as bad are the ones who sit there, wait for passing opportunity, then cross completely onto the opp side of the road to pass. leaving a gap you could drive a truck through when I have given plenty of room to pass often multiple times. I often have to stop when drivers almost refuse to pass, just to let the build up they are causing to move ahead. This is not easy especially between Picton and Blenheim where cheese cutters narrow the road , making the danger worse. Follow too close? drive a tractor on the road, and feel their breath on your neck, that's how close many get.
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Subike View Post
    I deliver new tractors and equipment all over the Blenheim Malbougher region. As the driver of these slow machines, the frustration goes both ways. Keeping to the left is not easy a lot of the time, running on the edge of the seal can be a challenge when the steering at "speed" in some tractors has a lot to be desired. The most infuriating thing is drivers who stay behind you when you give them room, But just as bad are the ones who sit there, wait for passing opportunity, then cross completely onto the opp side of the road to pass. leaving a gap you could drive a truck through when I have given plenty of room to pass often multiple times. I often have to stop when drivers almost refuse to pass, just to let the build up they are causing to move ahead. This is not easy especially between Picton and Blenheim where cheese cutters narrow the road , making the danger worse. Follow too close? drive a tractor on the road, and feel their breath on your neck, that's how close many get.
    Yep - I feel your pain my friend and your point about trying to drive a tractor close to the edge of the road is a valid one. My only counter would be that I do try to give drivers a fair bit of room when passing, tractors included, as they sometimes do move around a little erratically and oftentimes their indicators and other lights are covered in muck so seeing what, if anything that they are signalling, is almost impossible. Its times like this that utilising the overtaking grunt of a bike really pays dividends.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    A... very good point, compleatly different skills to town driving
    B... and that brings you to me... im that prick that passes the lot at once cos no one will pass, they toot they flash then they email the boss cos im in a sign writen car... FUCK
    Is this you?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/109...7pHVdD6wr_r6iA

Bike
    Pani
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Now every man is a little policeman, what a total twat.

Bike
    XR650R
    [QUOTE=rastuscat;- Is this you?
    no....but yes, damn right that's me, and anyone else who hasn't succumbed to the brainwashing thats put out as 'road safety messages !
    the more hysteria that gets propagated, the more lack of driver ability I see on our roads, the 90% of sheep in new zealand don't reside in paddocks, they're driving along our roads ( really slowly)

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    Now every man is a little policeman, what a total twat.
    People hate personal accountability.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary-Kiwi View Post
    no....but yes, damn right that's me, and anyone else who hasn't succumbed to the brainwashing thats put out as 'road safety messages !
    the more hysteria that gets propagated, the more lack of driver ability I see on our roads, the 90% of sheep in new zealand don't reside in paddocks, they're driving along our roads ( really slowly)
    So 'driver ability' is pushing the boundaries of the road code as far as you see fit so long as you don't crash?

There seems to be a fair bit of entitlement on display here by those who consider themselves in the particularly 'able' category.

Why? The cost of roading is shared among all road users, regardless of ability.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    no... id be asahmed to be a rider passing on double yellows... those bikers were retards... as was the cage driver that followed them... HOWEVER the guy with the cam is just about as bigger cock... he needs a fucking life, shit sakes it didnt afect his day in anyway possable... but to rais his blood pressure and put him in a worse mood than he already was...

intodays world... all tractors etc should be delivered by truck transporter... to much traffic on the road.

big ups on the effort re good driving...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    I spent some time today drilling into each of the motorcycle crashes on SH75 in the last 20 years or so.

Surprising how many bikes have overtaken and come to grief against something coming the other way. I bet they thought it was clear to overtake.

Those crashes were second only to leaving the road on the exit to a bend.

It's easy to blame everyone else, but most I looked at were down to us.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I spent some time today drilling into each of the motorcycle crashes on SH75 in the last 20 years or so.

Surprising how many bikes have overtaken and come to grief against something coming the other way. I bet they thought it was clear to overtake.

Those crashes were second only to leaving the road on the exit to a bend.

It's easy to blame everyone else, but most I looked at were down to us.
    Fucking cagers.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post

intodays world... all tractors etc should be delivered by truck transporter... to much traffic on the road.

big ups on the effort re good driving...
    I would love to see the cost of your food, wine, milk, or anything else if that was so D, would be good I agree, not very practical, and the cost would just kill farming.

As to the video. I agree that the riders were Muppets. follow the leader is a fault too may riders fall into the habit of doing. Even done it myself,f with a wakeup call putting that habit into perspective. And you were the road leader the day it happened D. I was following Mell in the Lewis pass, we were trying to catch up with you and Steve. "Got to get rid of those chicken strips Steve, "Remember? Yeah, followed Mell too close into shadows on a straight stretch of road, did not see the grey transport truck coming the other way, due to it blending into the shadow THOIUGHT THE WAY WAS CLEAR BECAUSE OTHER BIKES HAD ALREADY GONE. but it was not. Lesson learnt, thankfully without incident.
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    suzuki
    the extremely slow vehicle is a different kettle of fish, and one that's not encountered daily usually. I'm talking about the cunts on the open road who can't drive for shit or simply don't know they have a rear vision mirror or how to use it.
    when a light goes red in wellington we get all these people slowing to a crawl a hundred or so meters before the intersection, no thought to the people who want to use a free turn at the intersection for example, and want to get where the road widens etc. the Remutakas often has people who simply have no idea they can actually pull over on a wider piece of the road and let people past too.
    frustration causes impatience.....

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Well, here's something different...

I've been working in the Waikato for the last 2 days, covered about 300 km south of the Bombays. Very good, courteous driving, almost everyone kept a safe distance.

The only twat was someone in an old Hiace who decided not to let me pass and tried to stay ahead of me. That at least was fun to watch.

I overtook a few times, but did not see anyone else do so.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Well, here's something different...

I've been working in the Waikato for the last 2 days, covered about 300 km south of the Bombays. Very good, courteous driving, almost everyone kept a safe distance.

The only twat was someone in an old Hiace who decided not to let me pass and tried to stay ahead of me. That at least was fun to watch.

I overtook a few times, but did not see anyone else do so.
    Nice to hear that fella.

Thread Information