Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: soemthing to do with floowing too close maybe?

Bike
    XR650R
    [QUOTE=jellywrestler;1131137716]
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary-Kiwi View Post

at a hundred km an hour you cover 100 meters in 3.6 seconds, show me any mortal being that can safely or even sanely complete a pass in that timeframe.
    if you watch that video re: rimutaka passing vid, the 1st m/cycle does a fairly good impression of it when he passes the car at the start or the passing lane

Bike
    suzuki
    [QUOTE=Temporary-Kiwi;1131137746]
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post

if you watch that video re: rimutaka passing vid, the 1st m/cycle does a fairly good impression of it when he passes the car at the start or the passing lane
    i did say safey or sanely, they are less than a metre behind the car for quite some time before moving out, totally in a blind spot too.... one of the problems today is the low tolerance to speed the cops blurt on about, it means people passing will spend more time looking at their speedos than the road ahead for fear of being 4km/hr over the limit, slowing down a train of vehciles trying to get past etc.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    have you had a look in to the one down here in Fairfax last year, apparently there is some very good evidence in that one and shows how things go bad very quickly.
    Alarmingly similar to one that happened in our patch a few years back.

Evidence that a human error can be made by anyone, regardless of the vehicle they are using.

Just sad.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Alarmingly similar to one that happened in our patch a few years back.

Evidence that a human error can be made by anyone, regardless of the vehicle they are using.

Just sad.
    I haven't seen the evidence personally but I know the bend extremely well, and I also know quite a few on that ride, the scary thought is that if I wasn't away in wellington on that day then I possibly would have been on that run as it was a fund raiser.
    it was in our turnout area but the neighbouring brigade got tipped out to it,

Thread Information