Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: road bike project scratch built

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i brought some walkin from resene in lower hutt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Staples View Post
    I. I could not get through to them so I tried Lower hut, Talked to a top bloke called Don . Ended up getting all I wanted ,the invoice emailed to me and I paid via internet and he was happy to courier which surprised me as its DG no charge for freight !! top man, top service !! $181.88
    their factory is in lower hutt so a great shop right next to it

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Staples View Post
    I rang resene Palmerston north . Asked for duropox and etch primer. They said a 1ltr kit of duropox consists of 1lt paint 250ml of hardener and 1ltr reducer and 1ltre of etch and 1ltr of etch hardener $180 but they would not sell it to me . Went and saw a local panel beater and he rang them and they said they only sold the hardener in 1ltr so the duropox ( no etch )would cost $270. Fuck that ! so one person there says a completely different thing to the other guy. I tried to ring them again today to find out what the go was . I could not get through to them so I tried Lower hut, Talked to a top bloke called Don . Ended up getting all I wanted ,the invoice emailed to me and I paid via internet and he was happy to courier which surprised me as its DG no charge for freight !! top man, top service !! $181.88
    Good one Ian. Nice to see you the other day. Got the RHS lower cowling on the XF650 yesterday. Took 3hrs all as oppose to over a day for the LHS 1 can of primer suitable fo ABS plastic from Super cheap Autos $25, 2 cans of light grey colour match acrylic lacquer from Resenes Automotive $82. Just used the sand paper Connie had laying about. I'm very happy with the result considering I've never painted a panel that size before. Couldn't imagine what the job would cost by a professional auto painter.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Hey Ian I found a Clymer DOHC CB900-1100 workshop manual in reasonable condition for its age. Ex librar. I got it from the annual P.N. Red Cross book sale years ago.

Do you want it? I have no use for it at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0000134.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	577.0 KB 
ID:	346834  
    "Every time you set your ass on a bike, you're playing a game of Russian Roulette between yourself and your own stupidity."

Thread Information