Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: road bike project scratch built

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I used CBR600 calipers on my 11 with std mc, just adapter plates. These days would need an LVV cert, and fair enough having seen the Bush adapters I've seen on Buckets.

Geez was 420% better than std. Made some braided lines up. Too long ago to remember how. Maybe I tried the originals and told them 1" longer. Likely Contour brakes.

I've used Alert in Auckland but they were bought out by some rally chap who used his name. Had limited success with them.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I used CBR600 calipers on my 11 with std mc, just adapter plates. These days would need an LVV cert, and fair enough having seen the Bush adapters I've seen on Buckets.

Geez was 420% better than std. Made some braided lines up. Too long ago to remember how. Maybe I tried the originals and told them 1" longer. Likely Contour brakes.

I've used Alert in Auckland but they were bought out by some rally chap who used his name. Had limited success with them.
    MetalGear CBR600 rotors, Concours Mk II calipers (twin spot, big'n'little), Concours master cylinder (span adjustable), FrenTubo braided lines, adapter plates. See how it goes at WoF time wrt to the LVV cert.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Total fail if he knows what hes talking about. Despite obviously being superior by 410%.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Total fail if he knows what hes talking about. Despite obviously being superior by 410%.
    What you on? The same stuff as ecliptoid?

Bike
    welbike

Duropox ??

Hi All . I talked to the resene man about duropox and he told me it is a primer and not a top coat. He says I need an etch primer underneath . Does this sound correct. He also said he can't sell it to me as they don't sell it to the public so I will have to go through a local painter
    Ian

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Staples View Post
    Hi All . I talked to the resene man about duropox and he told me it is a primer and not a top coat. He says I need an etch primer underneath . Does this sound correct. He also said he can't sell it to me as they don't sell it to the public so I will have to go through a local painter
    Ian
    https://www.marine-deals.co.nz/prime...oaAgoPEALw_wcB
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I thought about it and decided to go the LVV cert route. The welding on the brackets has been tested and approved and I have the certificate. I'll go over to Carterton to see Julian Cheer as he is the only semi-local 2B certifier.

(Bonez - for your benefit - the difference between the standard Suzuki brakes and what I now have is so obvious that even a brain-dead tester at VTNZ would realise it is modified)
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Yeah I thought about it and decided to go the LVV cert route. The welding on the brackets has been tested and approved and I have the certificate. I'll go over to Carterton to see Julian Cheer as he is the only semi-local 2B certifier.

(Bonez - for your benefit - the difference between the standard Suzuki brakes and what I now have is so obvious that even a brain-dead tester at VTNZ would realise it is modified)
    is julian no longer working in the shop behind maidstone yamaha?

Bike
    suzuki
    Ian
    i brought some walkin from resene in lower hutt, gave it all to my painter near levin as it has a shelf life and better he used it than it sat on mine for a while.
    he sorted the primer, and i used it to finish the engine cases barreels and heads on the steve roberts chopper.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    is julian no longer working in the shop behind maidstone yamaha?
    I didn't know he was there, the web shows him in Carterton. Behind Mac would be great, thats just up the road from me
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    That was Skiddys posi, has he moved?

Bike
    suzuki
    That was Skiddys posi, has he moved?
    no, Julian was working out of there too.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Ian
    Dunno about the duropox stuff, but you certainly have to use an acid primer on the raw material if you want anything to stay on there.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    no, Julian was working out of there too.
    Not any more. called in this morning, Skid says Julian cant be bothered coming over every day.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    welbike

paint is on the way

I rang resene Palmerston north . Asked for duropox and etch primer. They said a 1ltr kit of duropox consists of 1lt paint 250ml of hardener and 1ltr reducer and 1ltre of etch and 1ltr of etch hardener $180 but they would not sell it to me . Went and saw a local panel beater and he rang them and they said they only sold the hardener in 1ltr so the duropox ( no etch )would cost $270. Fuck that ! so one person there says a completely different thing to the other guy. I tried to ring them again today to find out what the go was . I could not get through to them so I tried Lower hut, Talked to a top bloke called Don . Ended up getting all I wanted ,the invoice emailed to me and I paid via internet and he was happy to courier which surprised me as its DG no charge for freight !! top man, top service !! $181.88

Thread Information